that fisheye one is really cool
cheers.
heres two more.
4thumpede.jpg
4thumpedf.jpg

Re: picture a week (idea)

JohnnyRaz said:
this is dying on its feet!
i think it'd be a good idea to do a new thread each week; it'll stop people having to trawl through umpteen pages every time they want a gawk at some new pictures.

JohnnyRaz said:
Anyone got any interesting pics?
this might be a bit hard to see... sammy b and the 'why go bald?' guy, more here.

060329OBK04.jpg

libeskind_triptych.jpg

The arrangement might need a bit of work, and maybe some borders, but y'get the idea. Triptych of details from the Holocaust Museum in Berlin.

In Barcelona too ...

1797649-md.jpg

I like Tom's factory picture. Disused machinery etc rules. Anyone got any suggestion for places like that around Dublin?

you could try up around the docks, theres still a few old buildings/installations that havent been eaten by the celtic tiger. Brought a TLR up there one day only to realise whem I went to take a shot that it was devoid of film. which is handy for taking photos like.

Theres also an abandoned shoe factory in thomas st, apparently.

heres a few docky ones ive taken over the years; not sure what lens etc, think there both pentax k1000/fuji neopan 400 tho

f4137025.jpg

467e6268.jpg

hugh said:
In Barcelona too ...

I like Tom's factory picture. Disused machinery etc rules. Anyone got any suggestion for places like that around Dublin?

also theres the transprt museum in howth, was up there a few weeks ago;
bb5b1219.jpg

on another note heres some shots I took last week when the world finally saw Ireland for the military superpower it is. all pentax km, 135mm lens, fuji neopan 400.
19168.jpg

19166.jpg

9bb29f2a.jpg

88a6c682.jpg

this is probably really off topic but...

this was when i tried to capture moving vehicles for the first time on a DSC-W1.

122104326_ce1183f750.jpg

it's the best of a bad lot really. i coulb probably crop or something? advice?

GORILLAMUNCH said:
try standing in front of the car?

indeed but you see, at these rallies, only the pro are permitted to stand at the optimal viewing points. us minions get shite viewing points.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
I really like this, did you take any of this as landscape?

thanks, I took it as a potrait simply because that was the only way i could manage to get most of the soldiers in without any crowd. What I put up on this thread was a scan of a negative, but when I was in the darkroom I did a more landscpe orientation-y print, I think the, slightly enlarged landscape one is the best

JohnnyRaz said:
thanks, I took it as a potrait simply because that was the only way i could manage to get most of the soldiers in without any crowd. What I put up on this thread was a scan of a negative, but when I was in the darkroom I did a more landscpe orientation-y print, I think the, slightly enlarged landscape one is the best

That reminds me. What do the B&W types here do for darkrooms?

I've been used the Temple Bar Gallery ones (though not for ages) which are fine but they do cost you. I think its 15 euro for a half-day (3 hours) and 28 for a full day.

I think there are some other options around the place like that camera club on Camden street. Anyone know anything about this? Any other places?

I've toyed with trying to put my own together in the house but its too much hassle and too expensive ....

Why don't ye bunch together and put on in one of yer houses, i'm sure if four or five of ye got together it'd become much more viable? That or buy a digital camera between ye.

You can't make platinum/palladium prints from anything shot on a D200, last time I checked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back