Punks driving drunk. (2 Viewers)

english steve

This is something that's always bothered me, well I guess it's aggravating if the person's punk or not. It's something I see all too often when I'm on the road(I don't really get out when I'm at home) whenever I go out to a party after a show there's always a hand full of people who I know aren't anywhere close to being sober.
I know I should be talking to these people when I see it happen, it just gets to me since I always think of punks especially anarcho/crust punks as being conscious individuals who really shouldn't need a talking to about drunk driving. It's pretty common knowledge that driving drunk can really harm or worse yet kill others so why play russian roulette every time you drive drunk.
I'm going to quit making excuses for myself when I see some one about to get behind the wheel after they've been drinking and I hope some people do the same.

a lot of people just think of themselves, it's the individualist capitalist mindframe thats so succesfully become the dominant part of our culture don't you know.

britsout2.gif

except

07b24a40.jpg

EVERYONE i know in belfast except colie and colin who got a driving license lost it through drink driving. fucking idiots, it wasnt even just over the legal limit they were steamboats. my mate joe crashed into the cops still didnt realise and then punched one when the peeler shouted at him, sara got chased by the peelers and was so drunk she thought she was driving away but in fact she was just going round a roundabout over and over again really fast till she crashed. borland also crashed into a roundabout and ran away.

the stories seem funny but noone would be laughing if theyd killed or really hurt someone and it could have happened so fucking easily. muppets. its a scummy thing to do

agreed,you get a massive power trip when your drunnnk hic up. to transfer that on to a car its ridiculous.ive done it.once.or.twice. i was a big ejit to do it,

Sorry, I'm with you all on the sentiments, but this thread is starting to fucking STINK of Joe Duffy

Duffy_%28320_x_240%29.jpg

punks, skangers, regular joe's, old people, paris hilton, women, men, footballers, ANYONE!

any drink driver as jill said are tossers!

and never get the justice they deserve!

dosen't have to be punks! a drink driver is a drink driver, whether they are a punk or not is irrelevant.......

now, punks drunk posting.....that a conundrum! :)

If that mongo in the blue van was or is even coontemplating drink driving he should be banned from the punk/crust/alternative scene for life.

What a load of sanctimonious bullshit.
Middle class values run amok, opinion formed by ad campaigns that are funded by insurance companies.
When was the last time you heard of a drink-driving fatality in Dublin or Cork?
You haven't. Because it almost never happens.
It is not an issue or a problem in built-up areas. Having a couple of drinks and driving home safely is within any regular drivers capabilities. 80 milligrams my hairy bollix.
If there were carnage up and down the North Circular Road, I might change my mind, but there isn't, and there never has been.
Garda checkpoints all over the city are just like the speed cameras, a money-making exercise that has the side-effect of reassuring the public.

People die in cars down the country because of drinking and because so many of them drive like cunts at insane speeds on seriously crappy roads.

Put the checkpoints and enforcement where people are dying would seem the sensible thing, but let's not hold our breath on that.

Punks?
You're like a fucking knitting circle with all your clicking tongues of absolutism.
Anyone capable of critical thought?

Well if how you see it is "Having a couple of drinks and driving home safely is within any regular drivers capabilities" then you don't see it very well. Probably because your head is so far up your own arse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back