publishing a zine? (1 Viewer)

well its really very much a work in progress now-in fact its just really an idea floating around with me and my friends but this would be probable: black & white, A4, 20-35 pages

For printing and photocopying the page number has to be a multiple of four, unless you're planning to do a loose leaf, stapled together job. The most difficult thing is to get the writing bit done. If you plan on doing a large quantity then printing is the way forward but if it's a low number (less than 500) then photocopying would probably be more realistic.

I don't live in Dublin any more so I'm not sure what the story is for cheap photocopying. We used to use Reads on Nassau street back in the day. One advantage of the computer age is the fact that everyone (or almost) has access to a photocopîer, in their school, university or job; or at least knows someone who has. One possibility is when your zine is ready to go, do up double sided page models, give one each 'em to everyone you know who has access to "free"photocopying (like late at night when the boss's gone home) and try to get around 50 or so done up for free. Sell 'em and use the money from those sold to sort out photocopying up another bunch...

The cleanest copy you can get for an original will make life much easier. Thre's not a whole lot of difference in terms of photocopy standard paper. 80 gramme paper should do the trick (not weave - it bleeds and the ink looks like shit) - it's standard in most offices. Thinner paper will get all fucked up if you do double sided copies.
There are no stupid questions, only stupid Star Wars quoting moderaters.
Am I banned Pete?

why is a5 a better choice? and to tell the truth i dont really get all this double sided print-80 gramme printing mumbo jumbo-sorry! i'd say i'll pick it up fairly handy once its ready to print tho

80 grammes is the weight of the paper. The heavier the paper the thicker the paper. The thicker the paper the better quality the copy. 80gr is a standard weight/thickness for photocopiers. Just buy any standard photocopying paper. It usually comes in packs of 500 sheets.

Double sided copying means you copy on both sides of the same piece of paper, which is nice if you want to fold the paper and have readable stuff on both sides.

A4 or A5 or A3 etc. is used to describe the length and width of the paper. A4 for example is just an ordinary bog standard piece of photocopy paper. If you fold this in half (top to bottom) then you have an A5 sized piece of paper.

Originally posted by marklar
why is a5 a better choice? and to tell the truth i dont really get all this double sided print-80 gramme printing mumbo jumbo-sorry! i'd say i'll pick it up fairly handy once its ready to print tho

you'd need to fo font size 10 for A5; you use less paper, although that depends on what font size you'd use if it were A4

Yessss.....
I was waiting for someone to do that, not very DIY of me but fuck it, sometimes you just gotta sit back and watch....
I thought it was going to be Pete though; He usually can't resist that kind of thing...

Originally posted by derek
Yessss.....
I was waiting for someone to do that, not very DIY of me but fuck it, sometimes you just gotta sit back and watch....
I thought it was going to be Pete though; He usually can't resist that kind of thing...

You think i know that shit?

No way dude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back