"Pro-Lifers" (1 Viewer)

Mind-boggling letter in the IT today:

A chara, – Nigel Bannister’s anger (June 18th) over the events at St Mary’s National School in Enfield last week, is misdirected. His anger should be directed at the management of a Catholic school which extended an invitation to a champion of abortion, rathar than at protesters who upheld Catholic teaching on abortion.
Mr Bannister points out that it was the event’s organisers who arranged to have the Taoiseach’s visit at the children’s home-time. Clearly it was not the fault of the protesters that their opportunity to protest at the Taoiseach’s intention to legislate for abortion, coincided with home-time. That is an issue Mr Bannister should raise with school management.
While I was not at the protest myself, I am aware that the protest organiser asked that abortion pictures not be used at the school gate. However, it is not always possible to dictate to others that they not confront the public with the complete horrific truth of what abortion really is. I understand that any chanting was solely directed at An Taoiseach, stopping when the children emerged to sing their celebratory songs. Furthermore, the only commercial media (I know) to have had a reporter at the event, the Meath Topic, described the protest as appropriate and peaceful. – Is mise,
MANUS Mac MEANMAIN,
Páirc Glen Abhainn,
An Bóthar Buí,
Contae na Mí.

Champion of abortion. These dudes are fucking crazy.

forgive my ignorance but is there any provision in Irish abortion law for rape victims ?
this doesn't seem to get mentioned.....

not exactly (from my understanding of it)

the legislation is to address the X case (which is over 20 years ago now) where a young girl who was raped and became pregnant was suicidal.

The only part of the above that the legislation is addressing is 'suicidal'.

And there is also a provision for a 'medical justification' for a termination, where the mother's life is major risk.

Mind-boggling letter in the IT today:

Champion of abortion. These dudes are fucking crazy.

I'm actually gonna go to mass tomorrow to see what they say. Apparently they're gonna go all out. I wouldn't be surprised if they started throwing dead foetuses at the congretation.

Potential youtube gold.

The most passionate, dedicated and fervent pro-choice person I know has worked in banking for over 20 years.

Matthews' background in this case is irrelevant.

Stereotyping people on their occupation / career choice makes somebody sound like I*D*A W*I*K*R or one of her hipster parents.

To repeat what I said in 2008:
Subtle lambasting of 'boring' career choices is fairly patronising. Not the first time I've seen creative types do this.

Why do you have to belittle others to make your point?

The most passionate, dedicated and fervent pro-choice person I know has worked in banking for over 20 years.

Stereotyping people on their occupation / career choice makes somebody sound like I*D*A W*I*K*R or one of her hipster parents.

To repeat what I said in 2008:
Subtle lambasting of 'boring' career choices is fairly patronising. Not the first time I've seen creative types do this.

Why do you have to belittle others to make your point?

i think the main criticism towards peter matthews is that we find it unrealistic that so many females who have had abortions look for consolation from peter matthews. it's just unrealistic based on our own personal experience.

personally no one has came to me to look for consolation on this. maybe it is because i do not neccessarily come across as caring or human (i am a bit like abed in community)

agree with IFF

not sure you've taken the point correctly. Though feel free to argue the qualifications Peter Matthews may have to deem him suitable for women to confide in, or go to for help while in a distressed state following an aborting.

this is about Matthews. No one else.

What kind of work do you do that you knew it was coming?

Drive into Cork the other day was ruined by those feckin' signs everywhere

What kind of work do you do that you knew it was coming?

News/Journalism/Editing - I basically read a lot of 'PR' from people.

PRESS RELEASE
6000 posters and billboards to show "horrific" reality of abortion bill
21 JULY 2013
Pro-life groups have launched a major national campaign which they say will highlight the horrific reality of the abortion proposal currently before the Dail.
...blah blah blah...
6000 posters and billboards designed by Youth Defence will be used nationwide to explain that, under the bill, abortion would be legalised until birth, that the government is ignoring the evidence of medical experts who agree abortion is not a treatment for suicidality, and that the Bill will allow the lives of unborn babies to be ended.

The date was month wrong in it. Anyone can receive those mails if they want.
Also youth defence are the kind of organization that probably pay someone to see what the internet is saying about them. I'd hate that job.

Interesting enough piece on links between youth defence and far right Irish Nationalist groups, or at least one particular far right Irish Nationalist*

http://geoffsshorts.blogspot.ie/2013/07/the-river-of-bile-on-steroids.html?spref=tw

That's not to say that Youth Defence are neo-Nazis which I think you could infer from the piece, that would probably be unfair, but it does seem to be a group that has neo-Nazis.

Anyone remember that horrible little gnome of a man Justin Barrett? Was YD's main spokesman for a long while and heavily involved in the no-campaign for the Nice referendum, seemingly on the grounds that the EU would make us all have abortions. He's been conspicuously absent in the recent anti-abortion legislation activities, generally he's been eased out of the picture since he went to those neo-nazi conferences that time. http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...s-of-treaty-lash-out-at-barrett-26030728.html

*in case anyone starts, by "Irish Nationalist" in this context I don't mean what is typically meant when the term is used.

Interesting enough piece on links between youth defence and far right Irish Nationalist groups, or at least one particular far right Irish Nationalist*

http://geoffsshorts.blogspot.ie/2013/07/the-river-of-bile-on-steroids.html?spref=tw

That's not to say that Youth Defence are neo-Nazis which I think you could infer from the piece, that would probably be unfair, but it does seem to be a group that has neo-Nazis.

Anyone remember that horrible little gnome of a man Justin Barrett? Was YD's main spokesman for a long while and heavily involved in the no-campaign for the Nice referendum, seemingly on the grounds that the EU would make us all have abortions. He's been conspicuously absent in the recent anti-abortion legislation activities, generally he's been eased out of the picture since he went to those neo-nazi conferences that time. http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...s-of-treaty-lash-out-at-barrett-26030728.html

*in case anyone starts, by "Irish Nationalist" in this context I don't mean what is typically meant when the term is used.

hmmm
1004604_482858035139158_1861812111_n.jpg

Pro-life supporter 1992

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back