Prince RIP (4 Viewers)

Graffiti Bridge is also mostly old songs, some a decade old, forced into the latest style and sucking as a result. When you hear the original versions of them they're way, way better. His stuff always gets worse when he starts tinkering with it years later.

You'd be right as well. He'll have amazing songs that only get released on a VHS or to a fanclub, or he'll send it to radio stations but not actually release it etc. etc. The 90s would be perfect for streaming compilations but the majority of it isn't on streaming yet. He also focused on RnB a lot in the 90s, he wasn't often going down britpop* or alt-rock routes, so it's a bit of a struggle for your average rock fan.

There's heaps of good stuff but it takes some serious finding of it, and then sifting though it. Chronically incapable of making it easy for himself.

*can you imagine

Also, eh, 1990s = Prince rapping, your mileage may vary:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I suppose it's the equivalent of trying to handle Never Let Me Down and the Tin Machine albums.

I wanted to check out the recorded version of Face Down having never heard the song before this thread.. anyway its not a patch on that live clip.. which quite frankly (and at the risk of stating the blindingly obvious) is one of the best things on the internet and evidence of Princes superhuman performance chops. I won't say GOAT because I don't want to disrespect The Godfather

Anyway, he seems to be having a good laugh in this vid, which is something I don't really associate with him.. he usually seems a fairly serious character to me

I wanted to check out the recorded version of Face Down having never heard the song before this thread.. anyway its not a patch on that live clip.. which quite frankly (and at the risk of stating the blindingly obvious) is one of the best things on the internet and evidence of Princes superhuman performance chops. I won't say GOAT because I don't want to disrespect The Godfather

Anyway, he seems to be having a good laugh in this vid, which is something I don't really associate with him.. he usually seems a fairly serious character to me

Ah I like the recorded version, but I know what you mean. Dead Purple Rain Prince in the casket in that video!

He once went to the GQ awards dressed like this

411a9fcc715a911a092b2a105d7eed33.png

We'll have to see what was played, and by whom, and do a compare and contrast like Kiss fans do these days

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210826_152031.jpg
    Screenshot_20210826_152031.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 6
Suppose what I'm saying is, it may not be live in the way you want but it is most certainly Live and Dangerous, and no shame in that.

I love this song. Lyrically its a bit iffy, but no matter.The keyboard player is total cheese bag. He's almost as vain as Prince.

Must have been hard finding a case for that guitar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back