Prince RIP (1 Viewer)

Wow, I amazed at the systematic approach some of ye have! I've always just kinda randomly listened to whatever falls into my lap, whether that's via friends or recommendations on here or these days listening to random playlists on spotify or whatever

Now I think of it, randomly blundering around is kinda how I've learned almost everything I know (including how I make a living)

Did I ever mention here how Prince was playing Dublin (The Point/3 I think?) and when they were setting up for soundcheck or during soundcheck something annoyed him, so he fired his entire stage crew and tech crew on the spot, and the local Dublin lads just ended up doing his tech stuff for him. One of the lads got the job of his guitar tech and went on tour with him from it.

Did I ever mention here how Prince was playing Dublin (The Point/3 I think?) and when they were setting up for soundcheck or during soundcheck something annoyed him, so he fired his entire stage crew and tech crew on the spot, and the local Dublin lads just ended up doing his tech stuff for him. One of the lads got the job of his guitar tech and went on tour with him from it.
Was that not the Malahide gig?

Cormcolash was asked to go on the tour but in solidarity with the sacked crew he refused saying:
"I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Soundman''

The version of that anecdote i heard is that someone broke the non smoking policy leading to a prince meldown leading to the head sound engineer getting yeeted, someone was drafted in to do sound, but at the show start the original sound engineer was sneaked in in a flight case. A few days later it was 'forgotten'.

But like, choose your anecdote, i can barely remember who told me that

Yeah could have been, it was definitely Dublin anyway
Yeah, he'd had a disaster of a gig in Germany two days before and I think that's what led to him sacking his entire crew. It also meant there was no aftershow in Dublin which was gonna happen in Tripod originally (allegedly!) but it was all a bit much for the brand-new crew

When Doves Cry video on TOTP.

I also like listening to new-to-me-bands releases in order.

Rule of thumb: most recent album first then go back to debut and go in order.
SAMESIES!

Prince was huge in our house cos of Purple Rain and Around The World In A Day ..both of which my brother had

I was bit lukewarm on 1999 as well.
I think your main criticism was that it sounded too 80s. i.e. it sounds like all the stuff that came afterwards that were trying to sound like 1999. Which it does, and that's fair enough. Nice long review there in the thread. Obviously you were just straight up wrong about the songs not being good. Obviously.

I'm halfway through Parade . MF can do no wrong at this stage.NO filler or ropey disco jams

I do like an auld disco jam mind

imho It goes a bit off kilter circa Lovesexy, even though it's a good album, and he never fully recovers. It's almost as if he lost it the day he finished Paisley Park and locked himself away from the world and experiences he couldn't control, Howard Hughes style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back