paypal question (1 Viewer)

can give it a shot. The chances are the answer is "do what they say, no i can't change it"

Its more advise than a wish to change anything- I bought an item that was not as described, raised it with the seller, they (after some protest) told me to return it and I would then be refunded, my worry is that if I do this I'll be told the item is damaged (they emphasised this point) and so no refund will be forthcoming. Should I escalate the dispute further to protect against this?

Its more advise than a wish to change anything- I bought an item that was not as described, raised it with the seller, they (after some protest) told me to return it and I would then be refunded, my worry is that if I do this I'll be told the item is damaged (they emphasised this point) and so no refund will be forthcoming. Should I escalate the dispute further to protect against this?
ehhhhh heh

do they look like a dodgy seller? They're probably worried you're doing the same thing to them...

Keep the dispute open, send it back to them (send it tracked unless you're willing to take a risk at a loss if they say they never receive it back). If they confirm they have the item back but still won't refund you, escalate it.

If it's a super expensive item (over about 700 euro or so) things can get messy and I can go into that but otherwise you'll get a refund if it goes to PP at this point. Basically a person can't have the money and the item.

Oh, and don't close the dispute under any circumstances.

Thanks. Oh, and is it standard for a buyer returning an item not as described to be refunded their postage costs or will I just have to suck it up?
It is unfortunately yeah. You get back whatever money you paid for the postage to you initially though. It's great, everyone ends up unhappy!

How can I check currency rates before I actually transfer the money to another country?
Depends on what kind of account you have but this link should work if you're logged in. Put in the amount and click calculate.

You're also told on the page before you confirm payment (it'll cost extra if it's an international payment because of additional fees).

Depends on what kind of account you have but this link should work if you're logged in. Put in the amount and click calculate.

You're also told on the page before you confirm payment (it'll cost extra if it's an international payment because of additional fees).
Thank you!

They have gotten pretty good at hiding that with the new site format.

_102469213_514e6ce6-4153-42e6-bddd-13934de96a28.jpg

PayPal: Your death has breached our rules

So... went to buy some records this morning, from a German company, and got an email back saying:

"After an initial review, we found that your payment may not be in agreement with our Acceptable Use Policy. Because of this, we need to put this payment on hold until we can make sure it meets our requirements."

Anyone have any idea what this means?

So... went to buy some records this morning, from a German company, and got an email back saying:

"After an initial review, we found that your payment may not be in agreement with our Acceptable Use Policy. Because of this, we need to put this payment on hold until we can make sure it meets our requirements."

Anyone have any idea what this means?

Did you sign in to your paypal accoun in a new window?t,not through the email? I get scam emails often enough,never look at them though. Just a thought.

Did you sign in to your paypal accoun in a new window?t,not through the email? I get scam emails often enough,never look at them though. Just a thought.

Just followed the usual process, a new window may have opened up during it, but I don't think that was the problem, as it wasn't via an email, just buying through the website's checkout... cheers though!

Money has left me account too, the hooers - I even rang them off and got palmed off with "no, sorry, this is the wrong department, but here's an email for the right one".... cue the feckin' tumbleweeds...

Stuff was on sale, so I only have a few hours to sort it out, not the end of the world, like, but pretty annoying. Bought something off bandcamp a while ago just to test if out and it went through fine.

Acceptable use policy? huh. I wouldn't put money on "after an initial review" meaning anything more than "algorithm was triggered" but AUP violations are illegal content/products, gambling, anything that requires a license etc.

It wasn't an album that has drugs or gambling in the title of it was it? Or since it's Germany anything that could be seen to be Nazi related? That could seriously trigger something if it tripped the right systems. I'm well out of that world these days but it's the kind of thing that gets looked at quite fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back