paypal question (1 Viewer)

Just upgrade to a Premier, it'll avoid stupidness at a later date.

There are currently zero benefits to a personal account and they should not exist.

Let's just say I'll be happy to answer anyone's questions.

here's one for you, then: any idea how long it'll take until the code for verifying my account turns up in my credit card statement? the site says 'a couple of days'

this stuff is a bit of a headwreck

here's one for you, then: any idea how long it'll take until the code for verifying my account turns up in my credit card statement? the site says 'a couple of days'

If you have an Irish card funnily enough they can appear within hours. Otherwise 2-3 WORKING, sorry to be clear, working, days. You should be able to use the card in the meantime anyway, unless you've already hit your sending limit.

I sold some stuff with my paypal account - does that mean i have a premier one? What kind of stupidness can i look forward to if its just a personal one?

you'll be fine unless you sell a lot. You're not supposed to sell with a personal account so the system isn't great at giving you the correct information if you have to confirm something when you have a personal account that ran into a selling problem.

If you have an Irish card funnily enough they can appear within hours. Otherwise 2-3 WORKING, sorry to be clear, working, days. You should be able to use the card in the meantime anyway, unless you've already hit your sending limit.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

it's an irish card, irish address, irish everything... i'll check later. thanks.

is it possible to receive money into an unverified account?

i've actually never used paypal before -- this might be a newbie sort of question

is it possible to receive money into an unverified account?

Yes it is, receiving limit for unverified Irish account is 2500 EUR per year. Anything more than 400-500 and i'd 100% say get yourself verified.

Yes it is, receiving limit for unverified Irish account is 2500 EUR per year. Anything more than 400-500 and i'd 100% say get yourself verified.

ok, great.

how do i add a paypal button to a site and actually flog stuff?

edit: i know that's a pretty basic question... i've been googling this already, but there are a load of different answers. any 'best' way?

or, to put it another way: can i use my own image and just hack the code? as long as the link is the same, it shouldn't make any difference... right?

I don't really know that much about buttons but the basic code can be found by doing this

1) log into your account
2) Click the "Merchant tools" tab
3) Click 'Buy now' Buttons on the right, underneath 'key features' in the Website Payments Standard bit
4) follow the steps to set up a button

You can also look into setting up a shopping cart through that.

Here, try this link (you'll be prompted to log in if you're not already and you might need to load the page a second time in that case) for information

https://www.paypal.com/ie/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_wp-standard-overview

or, to put it another way: can i use my own image and just hack the code? as long as the link is the same, it shouldn't make any difference... right?

You can try. I believe you can get in trouble if you change the button images but I don't really know anything about how that is checked

I'm gonna start selling physical copies of my record in the next couple of weeks, if I sell online and use paypal as the method do I need to change my account to a type that can receive funds. I don't anticipate a high volume of transactions, 3 figures at best.

yes.

Sorry, missed this thread. let me know if you run into problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back