oxegen - the bad news just wont go away (2 Viewers)

its intresting to see MCD's approach with legal action against boards.
the 1st year of the electric picnic had problems but they talked to
people who went via there own message board and tried to fix the problem.
they had an apology posted by the promoters admitting they were wrong.

not sure how MCD would hope to take someone to court they would need to
get so much info off boards.ie, there hosting provider, the persons broadband company etc.

anyway i dont think MCD or anyone else should be trying to censor people.

why don't we all agree to call the festival and the organiser's by different names and thus continue the slagging?

hugh said:
So who gets sued here? The author (the poster) or the publisher (Pete?)?

Logically the poster should get sued.

i.e. people should be held responsible for their own actions not somebody elses.

I said logically.

Although when you have a world where people can successfully sue a cigarette company for smoking-related illnesses then you have to wonder.

das funkinstein said:
not sure how MCD would hope to take someone to court they would need to get so much info off boards.ie, there hosting provider, the persons broadband company etc.

I'm not certain about this, but as far as I know they (or rather, their solicitors) wrote to boards.ie 'advising' them that they (boards.ie Ltd.) would be sued along with Independent Newspapers & some "named individuals" if the "defamation" continued / wasn't dealt with.

Judging from the 1st post on this thread, it looks like Independent Newspapers think their lawyers' kung fu is the best.

pete said:
I'm not certain about this, but as far as I know they (or rather, their solicitors) wrote to boards.ie 'advising' them that they (boards.ie Ltd.) would be sued along with Independent Newspapers & some "named individuals" if the "defamation" continued / wasn't dealt with.

Judging from the 1st post on this thread, it looks like Independent Newspapers think their lawyers' kung fu is the best.

Here's another pretty good summary (thanks for the linky, Pete): http://www.digitalrights.ie/2006/01/06/libel-laws-in-ireland/

What is extremely clear from that article is that no one, under any circumstances, should accuse you-know-whos of cheating in a horse race, and for christ's sake, do not call them a 'gay bachelor'.

Anyway, scroll down to the bit where it talks about who is liable for this libel. But then look at the thing about SLAPP (which jaakko posted, too), as a misuse of libel laws. Really interesting stuff. Extremely troubling to see how it's being used, but it's not a totally lost cause for the little guy/gal just yet....

I still can't wait until all the promoters and record labels are owned by the same people that own all the media outlets. Then we'll love EVERYTHING. ALL GIGS ARE BRILLENT OK.

rotten tropics said:

oxegen summed up in one link. straw hats and meath jerseys.

though i had a great time this year. but only went on the sunday, spent a lot of the time in the fancy area drinking beer at a picnic table and got one of the first buses home and and was home in no time.

only thing that pissed me off was missing vitalic because it was listed wrong.

nlgbbbblth said:
Although when you have a world where people can successfully sue a cigarette company for smoking-related illnesses then you have to wonder.

Yeah but weren't they sued for providing misleading information about the damage caused by cigarettes or suppressing valid information - rather than for the illness itself?

Alan Latchley said:
Am I the only one who can hear someone playing an accordion in that clip? Who brings accordions to a festival?

well you can see someone playing one in the clip

country people should be exterminated etc

last night i made a comment about boycotting abrakebabra.

after a meeting with my solicitors and mcds legal representatives i've been asked to make this statement:

abrakebabra is a first class fast food emporium serving the drunken masses where mcdonalds wouldnt dare to go. like athlone. i apologise unresevedly to the management and customers of abarakebabra and i recommend their taco fries wholeheartedly.

thank you.

Oxegen is fucking shit.

lawyer.serendipityThumb.gif

Chad said:
abrakebabra is a first class fast food emporium serving the drunken masses where mcdonalds wouldnt dare to go. like athlone.

What are you saying? Athlone is the Fast Food capital of the midlands. It's got Abrakebabra, McDonalds, Supermacs, Burger King and KFC. What more could you want?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back