Overheard on the bus (1 Viewer)

As overheard in a supermarket in Perth, Australia (twas a mother callin her two wee girls):

"Craigette.. Rogerina.. get yer arses over here now.."

My mates and I were still laughin at that one in the pub several hours later..

me and a friend were walking in town one time and some gypo woman screamed at some bloke - "Fuck off er O'ill trun me knickars at ya"

jesus this site has been busy to day.i read an interview (about a month ago) with an australian bmx rider who was warning athletes not to unintentionally take doping products like he had. he said he was looking forward to spending more time with his little son called BROOKYLN whilst banned. i kid you not.talk about bad drugs...

spiritualtramp said:
I dare anyone slagging yanks off for getting names wrong to try pronouncing some welsh town names (ystrad mynach, llanelli, llangollen etc etc ) properly. you will be de-smugged pretty quickly.
yowsa

nokia said:
overheard, ie, shouted at us:
"Your ma was good in bed last night,
...should've seen the blood what came out of her gee!"

We have an English friend who practices his Dublin accent by repeating the phrase 'you shoulda seen the blood what came out of her gee'. No joke. Someone shouted it at friends of ours under the Templeogue Bridge about 15 years ago.

aoifed said:
We have an English friend who practices his Dublin accent by repeating the phrase 'you shoulda seen the blood what came out of her gee'. No joke. Someone shouted it at friends of ours under the Templeogue Bridge about 15 years ago.
ha ha ha ha ha, like, is thias akin to "you should have seen the look on her face"? holy crap, i've never heard that before. it's kinda scary.

All this talk of Yanks mispronouncing Irish placenames reminds me of an embarrasing incident I had in Philadelphia.

I approached the ticket booth in the subway and asked for a ticket to the city centre.
I was met with puzzled expressions and after repeating my wish to go to the city centre a few times it gradually dawned on the clerk that what I really wanted was a ticket to " senner sidee"!

Boy was my face red!

haha

I once asked a canadian guy to get me a glass of water from the bar of the pub we were in and he just couldn't understand what the hell I meant. I kept saying 'water - you know WAT ERRR - from a tap'. Eventually someone said to him 'she means WAADDER' and the lightbulb above his head went on.

I got asked once in Waterford by an elderly American couple if I knew where the "cwy" (quay) was.

I heard that "Y-V-O-N-N-E" story about 3 years ago. I'm sure it happened at some point down the line in reality.

But jaysus, Paris?? Not after that rancid, orange-skinned, dense-eyed tramp:
2231a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back