Office-Speak phrases you hate (1 Viewer)

the only way to deal with sopme of these is to respond to them literally.
when someone says:
- "bring me solutions, not problems!" - get them a glass of water with salt in it.
- "think outside the box" - put a cardboard box on the desk beside you and stare off into space
- "be more pacific" - repeat the same thing in a softer, quieter voice

of course, this only work with things that actually make sense on some level - for most of them you'll need to stare blankly for a while, then ask them to repeat it in english.

My poor new boss is having a fierce hard time trying to communicate with the dinosaurs at work. His emails are particularly perplexing. "..blah blah blah.We need to get our house in order, get the collateral together JIT". Apparently by this he meant we needed to get a biog of an executive director JUST IN TIME. That's just an example. This is the type of riddle we decode daily.

Great craic.

My poor new boss is having a fierce hard time trying to communicate with the dinosaurs at work. His emails are particularly perplexing. "..blah blah blah.We need to get our house in order, get the collateral together JIT". Apparently by this he meant we needed to get a biog of an executive director JUST IN TIME. That's just an example. This is the type of riddle we decode daily.

Great craic.

It's one thing using bullshit jargon, it's quite another to completely misuse bullshit jargon. JIT is a yoke to manage inventory, it's not txt spk.

No one I know who works in insurance, banking, finance, or Anything else to do with money know's how to type THE FUCKING €€€€€ SYMBOL.

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€
_42941797_brian_cowen_203.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back