Office-Speak phrases you hate (1 Viewer)

I hate all of those words but will admit to having used the term 'community engagement'.

I'm gonna nick that list for my work, though. And then I'm going to tack on another 100 words to make it more dynamic and send it out as the style guide. "I don't give a fuck if you end up using the same word 100 times, but don't you dare use these words, and it's 'preventive' anyway, not 'preventative', which is a fucking waste of a syllable in and is not sustainable in this world where all of our resources are running short. And also, no sweatshops, KTHX."

Eco. Eco. Eco. FUCKO. WE GET IT, YOU WEAR STELLA MCCARTNEY ORGANIC CLOTHES AND WASH YOUR SUV WITH ECOVER.

FINE.

Why am I so angry?

Jesus, guys.

Srsly.

I'm off to 'cute lifestyles'.

I hate all of those words but will admit to having used the term 'community engagement'.

i probably hear the following at least once each day.

agencies, best practice, capacity, capacity building, conditionality, core value, engagement, evidence base, facilitate, framework, governance, guidelines, initiative, joined up, outcomes, output, partnerships, priority, resource allocation,stakeholder,strategic/overarching, sustainable,third sector,transparency, value-added, vision

mind you, we don't communicate with the 'public' all that often

agencies, best practice, capacity, capacity building, conditionality, core value, engagement, evidence base, facilitate, framework, governance, guidelines, initiative, joined up, outcomes, output, partnerships, priority, resource allocation,stakeholder,strategic/overarching, sustainable,third sector,transparency, value-added, vision

Jazes thats rough.

'This drastic redefinition of the sovereign function implies a different situation of the state of exception. It no longer appears as the threshold that guarantees the articulation between an inside and an outside, or between anomie and the juridical context, by virtue of a law that is in force in its suspension: it is, rather, a zone of absolute indeterminacy between anomie and law, in which the sphere of creatures and the juridical order are caught up in a single catastrophe.'

so sick of that one.

I think "best practice" is my least favourite. That and "governance" and maybe "stakeholder". But UGH.

'horizon scanning'
'going forward'

Going forward!!! I fuckin hate that phrase!
I once heard the phrase "future-proofing" at a meeting and got so angry because the cunt didnt even listen to the answer to HIS question! He just wanted to use the phrase. :mad:

Maybe it's you internet slackers that have the problem, not your more dynamic co-office users. Ever think of that, you sneering rats?

the place i work is relatively free of that sort of generic jargon, but the amount of company propaganda is beyond funny.

they once got a large teddy, one of those ones with 'from me to you' on his foot, stuck a t-shirt on him saying 'customer conor', and we (non-customer facing employees) were urged to bring him into meetings and stick him on a chair in the corner to remind us that our ultimate goal was pleasing the customer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back