new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (3 Viewers)

Well if playground tactics is the game...

I'm surprised people don't remember that Fergie started it. When Liverpool were top of the league at the start of January, a number of times he suggested that Liverpool didn't have the bottle for a title race. The next month unfortunately proved him somewhat correct (at the time at least, not so much after the last two months). The Rafa pre-Stoke press conference was an escalation (probably a needless and highly risky one), not an instigation. Not that it fucking matters, but Man Utd fans seem to think that Rafa's thing came out of the blue, which it didn't.

Anyway, as said already, it doesn't really matter. Neither of them have come out of the last few months smelling of roses. But Ferguson's attacks, which have been more nastily personal, calling him arrogant, deranged and questioning what Rafa does in his spare time (which was the most bizarre of all), are inevitably going to be glossed over because United won in the end.

A quick summary of the shite that's been exchanged:
Rafa on Fergie: He's scared of us x 1000, he talks about us too much, his staff exert a lot of pressure on referees, he gets away with murder with the FA, he should stop whining about the fixture list.
Fergie on Rafa: he's deranged, he's mentally unstable, he talks about us too much, he's arrogant, he's contemptuous, he never smiles when his team scores like a normal manager, he's a weirdo who spends his spare time analysing football stats

Anyway, as for that letter Fergie sent after Istanbul, it wasn't just congratulations, it included an analysis of Rafa's tactics and how he won, which sounded to me like a bit of dick swinging in front of the new PL manager. Though it didn't seem to bother Rafa:
"He wrote to me after Istanbul [where Liverpool won the Champions League in 2005] and was very polite, saying well done and talking about the tactics. He was very good. I think I wrote to him after Moscow [when United won the European title last year]. Normally we write to say congratulations, and I think I did."

I realise I'm not doing myself any favours in responding here. I'd be better off sticking with the jizzing cocks.

I'm a bit late here, but what?? The character assassination team-up with Fat Sam was bad enough, but Fergie has repeatedly referred to Rafa as "deranged" and mentally unstable. He's been a nasty prick about Rafa for the entire second half of the season, but he's going to get away with it because he ended up winning the title. Where was Demento after the 4-1 at Old Trafford? Refusing to speak to the media, blaming Sky Sports and claiming his team were the better side. That's just as classless as Rafa is currently accused of being.

'mind games' are part and parcel of the season. a rant here, a groundless accusation there and a blinkered opinion of everything for good measure. at the end of it all you should still be able to leave it behind and metaphorically shake hands and prepare for the next bout... Its like a boxer being annoyed that he lost the fight cos the other guy hit him...

rafa's not covering himself in glory with this is he? the team's played some amazing football this season and it's gone down to the wire, but while united have massive resources and can field 2 starting 11s that would steamroller most opponents, you have to look back and say that liverpool blew it in january. we've lost fewer games than any other team but had a couple of those anfield 0-0s been 1-0s we'd be wearing the crown right now. the fact is that last summer's business was a complete disaster and moaning about united's financial superiority now can't disguise that. i hate this ridiculous cliche, and it sounds trite now that the club is owned by RBS, but this kind of begrudgery is not 'the liverpool way'.

here what are the odds on us signing a new right back this summer :p

I think what he's doing is exactly right. The more Mr Ferguson hates you, the more you're doing right. Its like he said with Mourinho "We were friends when when both arived, then I started beating him."

Beyond his football acumen, his hunger for picking a fight with Ferguson is his the next most important thing. Wenger clearly doesn't fancy it anymore. God knows who Chelsea's next manager will be but God help them if its Ancelotti. If Rafa didn't really really really want to prove he can do it with Liverpool, he's already had all the excuses he needs to quit with his reputation intact (the Klinnsman/owners/Parry/transfer bullshit sagas) but he's seen all of those things off and still has made the team better. So, in conclusion, I hope he keeps riling the old cunt.

I think what he's doing is exactly right. The more Mr Ferguson hates you, the more you're doing right. Its like he said with Mourinho "We were friends when when both arived, then I started beating him."

Beyond his football acumen, his hunger for picking a fight with Ferguson is his the next most important thing. Wenger clearly doesn't fancy it anymore. God knows who Chelsea's next manager will be but God help them if its Ancelotti. If Rafa didn't really really really want to prove he can do it with Liverpool, he's already had all the excuses he needs to quit with his reputation intact (the Klinnsman/owners/Parry/transfer bullshit sagas) but he's seen all of those things off and still has made the team better. So, in conclusion, I hope he keeps riling the old cunt.

i'd say fergie's losing a whole lot of sleep this week thinking about rafa alright.

i'd love read a few skinnerchinner stanza's on the current state of play

Benny the bean is a fuken jizzmopper
shulda played Goats-eye Wacker
out with gollum
fergie ginsoak pissflannel
anywhare to watch the match in fiji?
get in baldy ireland in and cunt up the table.

etc.

1242252395016509300.jpg

"Rafa is getting some serious earache for his so-called churlishness. It’s a curiously English trait (one that noticeably doesn’t apply to the national team) that the Vanquished must always be obsequious in their praise of the Victors.

As if the spoils weren’t enough. They must publicly and vociferously confess their inferiority, even when the margins are as slim (even invisible) as they have been this season, or whether the winning chief is an utter gimp.

Breaking with tradition just isn’t the done thing, old bean.

Until Benitez has his own bulbous-skulled lapdog setting up mind games for him I’m afraid the lectures on etiquette will fall on deaf orejas.

I imagine Allardyce will be unleashed to ‘tut’ at 100 decibels whilst Ferguson ludicrously fakes an air of unbotheredness. Who do you think you’re fooling? "

for fucks sake will yous get over it. the better team one, ratmonkey et al have bragging rights for the next while and you're just going to have to suck it up. it really is like a playground in here.

for fucks sake will yous get over it. the better team one, ratmonkey et al have bragging rights for the next while and you're just going to have to suck it up. it really is like a playground in here.

ok.

Liverpool have had a greaat season and lets hope we can march on and go one better this time next year.

Are you guys aware of the site Irishkop.com its a forum for Irish Liverpool fans,its a great site they do trips aswell I am of to the Spurs match this weekend with them for 110 euro and thats with a match ticket.

www.irishkop.com

eh who???

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has rebuffed a €22 million bid from Premier League giants Liverpool for Argentine star Ezequiel Lavezzi.
The 24-year-old has been frequently associated with a move away from the San Paolo in recent weeks, with the Italian press suggesting that his agent, Alejandro Manzoni, has been in talks with Juventus.

It is claimed the Vesuviani were approached by an unnamed emissary on behalf of the Merseyside outfit, however, De Laurentiis said no to the initial bid.

Things could change at the start of next week, though. Manzoni is reportedly arranging a direct meeting between the two clubs for Monday.

Lavezzi is tied to the Campani until 2013 but there have been reports his representatives will seek a considerable pay rise at the end of the season.

The former San Lorenzo man, who has netted seven goals in 28 league appearances this season, currently earns €1.3m per season at the San Paolo. Liverpool are allegedly prepared to offer him a salary of €4m to lure him to Anfield.

Lavezzi has been sidelined with a muscular problem since Napoli’s 1-0 win over Inter last month but he could be back in action against Catania this weekend.

Re: eh who???

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has rebuffed a €22 million bid from Premier League giants Liverpool for Argentine star Ezequiel Lavezzi.
The 24-year-old has been frequently associated with a move away from the San Paolo in recent weeks, with the Italian press suggesting that his agent, Alejandro Manzoni, has been in talks with Juventus.

It is claimed the Vesuviani were approached by an unnamed emissary on behalf of the Merseyside outfit, however, De Laurentiis said no to the initial bid.

Things could change at the start of next week, though. Manzoni is reportedly arranging a direct meeting between the two clubs for Monday.

Lavezzi is tied to the Campani until 2013 but there have been reports his representatives will seek a considerable pay rise at the end of the season.

The former San Lorenzo man, who has netted seven goals in 28 league appearances this season, currently earns €1.3m per season at the San Paolo. Liverpool are allegedly prepared to offer him a salary of €4m to lure him to Anfield.

Lavezzi has been sidelined with a muscular problem since Napoli’s 1-0 win over Inter last month but he could be back in action against Catania this weekend.

Saw a lot of Lavezzi when I was living in Italy. He's a really good player. Short, stocky, brilliant dribbler and Argentinian so they love him in Naples.

Getting him and Hamsik (goalscoring midfielder who also plays for the Partenopei) would be the dream as they link up so well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back