new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

_45783307_ronaldo_getty466.jpg

There goes your "18 times chant", oh well. Looks like Rafa will take it well based on the interview he did yesterday.

"If United win the league it means they will have more points, clearly, but there are some very good teams in different positions in the table. It depends on the time of the season. I don't think I ever said we were playing the best out of everyone, maybe just at certain moments. I do have a lot of respect for the other teams, but to say who is the best at one moment is not easy."

The Liverpool manager added: "There are a lot of good teams in the Premier League. Without putting them in any order, I'd say Chelsea, United, Liverpool and Arsenal are the best. This year we have shown we are improving and that we are a better team than before. We can still get better but we are in this position because we are winning a lot, have played good football, scored a lot of goals and not conceded many. Eighty points is good, 86 could be much better, and we will try to get there and see what happens. If United have more points, it only means they have more points, that's all, nothing else."

Benítez insisted the only difference this season between Liverpool and United, whom they have beaten home and away, lies not on the pitch but on the balance sheet, with Old Trafford's greater resources providing Ferguson with a deeper and more experienced squad.

"For me, United have a bigger squad with top-class players, but always they spend more than we can spend," said the Liverpool manager. "If they make mistakes they can use different players, but the level of the two teams is more or less the same. Maybe we have to bring in some young players without the experience at this level, and that could be the difference. United are a top side that is spending big money every year on improving its squad and that is the main difference between them and the other teams."
You'd swear he was managing Burnley the way he goes on! Benitez has been given £170m to spend on players since 2004. He blew a 7 point lead at Christmas. Time to stop moaning and admit that you bottled it Rafa.

Oh well, it's always difficult to win a title at the first real attempt. Lots learnt this year and it's a shame that 8 out of 12 points against the other top four wasn't enough. C'est la vie. Roll on 2010!

Oh well, it's always difficult to win a title at the first real attempt. Lots learnt this year and it's a shame that 8 out of 12 points against the other top four wasn't enough. C'est la vie. Roll on 2010!

It rarely is, Arsenal won the top four mini league 2 and 3 seasons ago and were never in contention. That form dropped last season when we had a genuine go at the title.

You'd swear he was managing Burnley the way he goes on! Benitez has been given £170m to spend on players since 2004. He blew a 7 point lead at Christmas. Time to stop moaning and admit that you bottled it Rafa.

That £170m was used to more or less rebuild an entire squad where as utd spent even more money in that time frame on proven top class players to add to an already quality squad. It's amazing how all the so called 'experts' and opposition fans conveniently ignore this fact.

I don't think there's any doubt that we've made progress this season and there's no arguing with the fact that we've been playing the most exciting and entertaining football in the last few months while still getting the results. If we can carry this into next season and add one or two world class players than next season should be a cracker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back