new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (3 Viewers)

Fucking hell, Carra having a pop at Arby in the middle of a game. Bizarre, and completely unnecessary. Desire in a meaningless game: good. Crazy Lee Bowyer-esque bollocks: not so much.

Didn't look like he'd calmed down by the final whistle judging by way he was talking to Alonso during their homoerotic shirt off duel.

Fucking hell, Carra having a pop at Arby in the middle of a game. Bizarre, and completely unnecessary. Desire in a meaningless game: good. Crazy Lee Bowyer-esque bollocks: not so much.

that happens every wednesday night during our games of 5 a side.

rafa's not covering himself in glory with this is he? the team's played some amazing football this season and it's gone down to the wire, but while united have massive resources and can field 2 starting 11s that would steamroller most opponents, you have to look back and say that liverpool blew it in january. we've lost fewer games than any other team but had a couple of those anfield 0-0s been 1-0s we'd be wearing the crown right now. the fact is that last summer's business was a complete disaster and moaning about united's financial superiority now can't disguise that. i hate this ridiculous cliche, and it sounds trite now that the club is owned by RBS, but this kind of begrudgery is not 'the liverpool way'.

here what are the odds on us signing a new right back this summer :p

rafa's not covering himself in glory with this is he?

Fergie has shown zero respect for Rafa this season so I think Rafa is fully entitled to congratulate or not congratulate him as he so wishes. Why should he bow down to ferguson like everyone else? To me it would be a sign of weakness after everything that has happened. I didn't hear ferguson come out and apologise afer the blackburn incident once Rafa had explained it. Utd won the league, Rafa congratulated them and that should be the end of it.

Fergie has shown zero respect for Rafa this season so I think Rafa is fully entitled to congratulate or not congratulate him as he so wishes. Why should he bow down to ferguson like everyone else? To me it would be a sign of weakness after everything that has happened. I didn't hear ferguson come out and apologise afer the blackburn incident once Rafa had explained it. Utd won the league, Rafa congratulated them and that should be the end of it.

i'm not talking about that. i dont give a fuck about ferguson and in fact i agree with everything that's said about the gulf in resources. but frankly it's selling the club short to blame it all on that. shite buys last summer and a string of uninspired draws made the difference, not an extra 20,000 tourist arses on seats every other saturday. just say, we beat them twice, we lost fewer games, and we're going to win next year.

i'm not talking about that. i dont give a fuck about ferguson and in fact i agree with everything that's said about the gulf in resources. but frankly it's selling the club short to blame it all on that. shite buys last summer and a string of uninspired draws made the difference, not an extra 20,000 tourist arses on seats every other saturday. just say, we beat them twice, we lost fewer games, and we're going to win next year.

Ah fair enough I misunderstood you. I agree with what your saying. If we had a striker than knew where the goal was instead of robbie keane then 2 or 3 of those draws would have been wins and that was the difference.

I think success in the transfer market this summer is essential to our trophy prospects over the next few years. It isn't news to anyone that utd have and will continue to outspend us, even a poor season from their new 30m pound star striker didn't affect their season due to their strenght in depth. We need to counteract their financial power by actually getting value for what ever money we do have.

I hear we have £20m plus whatever we get from player sales. I think we should flog Babel, Voronin, Dossena and maybe Lucas if we have to and try sign Silva, Barry, Glen Johnson and a back up striker. I'd love it to be Aguero but I don't think we have the cash.

Any other suggestions, who would people flog and sign?

and a back up striker. I'd love it to be Aguero but I don't think we have the cash.

What lunacy is this? Not even United with their resources would look at Aguerro and think of him as a backup, Kun understandably gets overshadowed a bit by Messi but he's an incerdible, incredible footballer.

What lunacy is this? Not even United with their resources would look at Aguerro and think of him as a backup, Kun understandably gets overshadowed a bit by Messi but he's an incerdible, incredible footballer.

Fair point I'm not being very clear. I mean he could be a replacement for Torres or Gerrard when they are injured (which was a lot this season) otherwise he could play on either wing or up top with Torres with Gerrard just behind or in a four man midfield. Depending on how he'd settle I'd see him playing most of our games but not at the expense of the Torres/Gerrard partnership in general. I think he's the best young talent in the world and would love to see him at anfield but I just don't see it happening this summer.

i must have missed when Fergie was dissing rafa :confused:

I'm a bit late here, but what?? The character assassination team-up with Fat Sam was bad enough, but Fergie has repeatedly referred to Rafa as "deranged" and mentally unstable. He's been a nasty prick about Rafa for the entire second half of the season, but he's going to get away with it because he ended up winning the title. Where was Demento after the 4-1 at Old Trafford? Refusing to speak to the media, blaming Sky Sports and claiming his team were the better side. That's just as classless as Rafa is currently accused of being.

I'm a bit late here, but what?? The character assassination team-up with Fat Sam was bad enough, but Fergie has repeatedly referred to Rafa as "deranged" and mentally unstable. He's been a nasty prick about Rafa for the entire second half of the season, but he's going to get away with it because he ended up winning the title. Where was Demento after the 4-1 at Old Trafford? Refusing to speak to the media, blaming Sky Sports and claiming his team were the better side. That's just as classless as Rafa is currently accused of being.

Would this not be since Rafa's list of facts?

Does anyone really care that they dislike each other?

lads, lads, lads .... they are both pricks. most managers are

Exactly. Houllier - beloved by all, fired. Scolari is supposed to be a lovely guy, and it probably didn't help him keep his job. Hiddink seems nice and fairly successful to boot, but then he didn't fancy sticking long enough to get involved in the shit slinging. O'Neill is doing his best to be a cunt, Moyes too because they don't want to be like Mowbary or Coppell in the managerial stakes. There are a few exceptions (Zola, Hodgson) but they're not under the same pressure. I'm glad that Benitez is a sore loser and that other managers don't like him, shows he's doing something right.

Special mention to Fat Sam, in that he's a cunt AND he's a loser.

erm to go back to playground tactics, rafa started it.

for example, are you aware Fergie sent Rafa a signed letter congratulation them when they won the CL?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back