new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

2hcp2l3.png

BYE BYE SAMI YOU GREAT BIG LEGEND

The dust has almost settled on Liverpool's best ever Premier league season. Amid all the encouraging statistics from this year, the best striker in the world hitting the 50 mark is one of the most enjoyable. The quality of video isn't anywhere near what the goals deserve, but

[video=metacafe;2874042/fernando_torres_50_goals_for_liverpool/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2874042/fernando_torres_50_goals_for_liverpool/[/video]

or as football.365 puts it

A striker without peer. For 2008/09, Torres' record reads as 14 league goals with 20 starts. For his two years at Anfield, it reads as 38 from a total of 57 appearances. And not one of those goals was scored from the penalty spot. Phenomenal.

Aye Forlan has had a belter of a season and Villa would be a close second in my book. Torres had a difficult season after the Euros what with injuries, but his goals in the big matches this season (5 against the other top three teams) were immense.

The dust has almost settled on Liverpool's best ever Premier league season. Amid all the encouraging statistics from this year, the best striker in the world hitting the 50 mark is one of the most enjoyable. The quality of video isn't anywhere near what the goals deserve, but

Fernando Torres 50 Goals for Liverpool - Video

Hardly a fucking tap-in in sight either. Some amount of goals at the Kop end too:)

playing against teams that cant defend.

not going to argue that torres is not the best striker in the world, the guy is class. But outside the top 5 in the premiership the defences are hardly world class. I think west ham in 9th have a negative goal diff.

i think it would be ten Trev in about sixty or so games, so 1 in every 6. Torres according to Liverpool site is on 83 games, and has 50 goals, which is 1 in every 1.6 games or so...

took forlan about 6 months to score his first as well...which was a peno in the champs league.

Villa's scoring record for Spain is better than Torres', as it has consistently been throughout his club career.

I'm not saying that Torres isn't a super player but for me Villa shades it. Both great goalscorers but I'd view Villa as the superior technical footballer compared to Torres who is a superior athlete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back