new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

Seriously like, you're picking me up wrong there. To use Rocky III as an analogy, if Rocky hadn't been beaten by Clubber Lang at the start of the film, it just wouldn't have been much a film, but it's all about the struggle. No one would really have wanted to watch Rocky as champion at the start, middle and end like.

A straight swap??????? So Babel is worth approx 18 mill?:eek:
barry has on eyear left on his contract. he can buy out his contract for 5 mil and o'neill has said he can leave if villa don't qualify for champions league. barry will go for half of what babel is worth. a swap would be a desperate move.

barry has on eyear left on his contract. he can buy out his contract for 5 mil and o'neill has said he can leave if villa don't qualify for champions league. barry will go for half of what babel is worth. a swap would be a desperate move.

Doesn't he have about a week if he wants to do that?

I'm still waiting for videos of Danny Murphy or someone to appear in the United thread.

Wasn't aware of that, but aren't there a few other teams interested as well. That would push the price up. Is he better than Alonso though?

He's not better than Alonso but Gareth Barry and David Villa are better than Alonso. Selling Alonso is only good business if it improves the team and if after buying Barry, 16 million of the 25 million from Alonso goes towards a successful offer for Villa then it's definitely good business. I'd still rather have Alonso and Villa mind.

Wasn't aware of that, but aren't there a few other teams interested as well. That would push the price up. Is he better than Alonso though?

I said Alonso too many times there.

He's not better than Alonso but Gareth Barry and David Villa are better than Alonso. Selling Alonso is only good business if it improves the team and if after buying Barry, 16 million of the 25 million from Alonso goes towards a successful offer for Villa then it's definitely good business. I'd still rather have Alonso and Villa mind.

i think alonso is safe. barry is cover for midfield, left back, centre back, even left wing. great squad player, good attitude, great technique. the idea that he would replace this seasons best player is laughable. however, rafa has emotinal problems as we've discovered. if he sells alonso, he sells the championship next season. i can't see him being that stupid. lucas got 30 games last season, so there's plenty of football for barry to play, even if alonso is in the team.

villa would be perfect, some centre back cover now that big sami has moved on, a ne right back. if he sells babel then maybe silva..but if he's buying silver, wither riera? the problem that will emerge is if he has to sell in order to buy, we'll be left with the same problem as before, lack of depth.

it's all up to rafa though, he can't point any fingers if he makes a gash of it again.

i see rafa has been at the academy staff, like the christening scene from the godfather.

The former Liverpool defender and current reserve team manager Gary Ablett is to leave Anfield as Rafael Benítez continues his cull of the club's academy coaching network.
Ablett, together with the long-serving reserve and youth team coach Hughie McAuley and the youth coach Dave Shannon, have been told their services are no longer required following an internal review of the club's academy system.
The news comes just 24 hours after Liverpool lost the FA Youth Cup final, beaten 6-2 on aggregate by Arsenal, and with Benítez unhappy at the lack of graduates challenging for first-team places.
The Liverpool manager also recently ended Piet Hamberg's tenure as academy director and announced the appointment of the former Barcelona youth coach José Segura as the youth system's new technical manager.

so, gaz "i have to play chmpions leagu...how much?" baz has moved to city. i hope this means that alonso is going nowhere, despite reals 20+mil offer.

so, gaz "i have to play chmpions leagu...how much?" baz has moved to city. i hope this means that alonso is going nowhere, despite reals 20+mil offer.

Now that Perez is back at Madrid he will want to make a big statement to the fans by signing Kaka or Spotty Stepover Tantrum. I'd say Alonso is safe enough

Now that Perez is back at Madrid he will want to make a big statement to the fans by signing Kaka or Spotty Stepover Tantrum. I'd say Alonso is safe enough
aye, and frank "the face" ribery too. But word is that real have contacted liverpool about a 22 mil swap/munzo deal. rafa has to keep him and i doubt that alonso would even want to leave now.

meanwhile gaz is on 100k a week. he certainly wouldn't have gotten that at liverpool. and liverpool have offered 15 mil and andrriy voronin for david silva. that's silva. not villa.

Barry, Tuncay, Adam Johnson, Distin, Glen Johnson, Tevez, Pranjic, Silva, Villa, Kleber, Lavezzi, Negredo...some French midfielder...blah blah blah...i'm sick of it already.

Yeah that reads a bit like the Celtic managers list at the moment.
The transfer windows are so tedious, just an excuse for shit news papers to talk a big pile of shite.

(Sissoko back to Liverpool)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back