new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (4 Viewers)

balls. he was lucky in the end. world cup on german soil, and a team with zero expectation. it must be said the reason there was zero expectation is because of kilinsmanns mismanagement and run of poor results on the way to the world cup. if he'd had to qualify, he'd have failed. him, and also that germany squad was pretty good.

Read this back to yourself. It's nonsense.

From what I can gather you think he was lucky because there was zero expectation and even though they didn't have to qualify they had a run of bad results on the way to the World Cup-which was due to Klinsmann's mismanagement-even though the record was Won 13 Lost 5 Drew 5 FRIENDLIES!
I drink your milkshake.

Read this back to yourself. It's nonsense.

From what I can gather you think he was lucky because there was zero expectation and even though they didn't have to qualify they had a run of bad results on the way to the World Cup-which was due to Klinsmann's mismanagement-even though the record was Won 13 Lost 5 Drew 5 FRIENDLIES!
I drink your milkshake.
klinsy was deeply unpopular with just about everyone prior to the world cup, and everyone's darling afterward cos he spared the blushes of the nation. the kaiser was calling fro his head 2 months before the wc kicked off. if jose peckerman had any balls, argentina would have beaten them. they came from a pretty easy group and with a better manager they could have seen off italy in the semi finals. what i'm saying is his pretty easy ride in the group, couple with argentina's inexplicable self-implosion left him losing in the semi's and being deifyied for it. he's an arrogant cunt, with no track record, and i'm glad he's not getting the lvierpool job.

In fairness, the semi final between Germany and Italy was one of the best games I've seen. It was a match of outstanding quality and there was no shame whatsoever in Germany's defeat.
If someone were to say otherwise, I'd say they were haplessly trying to fit that match into some Dunphyian theory of terminal Italian decline.

klinsy was deeply unpopular with just about everyone prior to the world cup, and everyone's darling afterward cos he spared the blushes of the nation. the kaiser was calling fro his head 2 months before the wc kicked off. if jose peckerman had any balls, argentina would have beaten them. they came from a pretty easy group and with a better manager they could have seen off italy in the semi finals. what i'm saying is his pretty easy ride in the group, couple with argentina's inexplicable self-implosion left him losing in the semi's and being deifyied for it. he's an arrogant cunt, with no track record, and i'm glad he's not getting the lvierpool job.

Who gives a monkey's about how 'popular' he was prior to the WC? Most of the carping about him was down to the fact that he was living in USA rather than Bavaria and tried thirty different players out in the run-up the tournament.

Germany's style of football spoke for itself and while they were perhaps lucky against Argentina they were unlucky against Italy (you make your own luck etc).

While you think he's an 'arrogant cnt' with no track record anyone who's played under him mentions his warm one-on-one management skills and Beckenbaur, Cruyff and Platini have all commented on his presentation in football management that he did last year.

It's Klinsman's fault that Staunton got the Irish job. Himself and Van Basten started putting ideas in Delaney's head.

Seeing as he likes California so much he should be at home at FC Hollywood. Haw haw.

Who gives a monkey's about how 'popular' he was prior to the WC? Most of the carping about him was down to the fact that he was living in USA rather than Bavaria and tried thirty different players out in the run-up the tournament.

Germany's style of football spoke for itself and while they were perhaps lucky against Argentina they were unlucky against Italy (you make your own luck etc).

While you think he's an 'arrogant cnt' with no track record anyone who's played under him mentions his warm one-on-one management skills and Beckenbaur, Cruyff and Platini have all commented on his presentation in football management that he did last year.
who gives a monkeys how 'popular' he is with the big wigs? he's no andy roxburgh. Germany weren't all that at the wc. not by a long shot. just cos half their goals were pinged in from fifty yards. of all the managers kicking their heels after that wc hicks and gillett decided to talk to him, and not say oooo lippi sums up what they know about game. klinsy had the good sense to turn ti down obviously.

It's Klinsman's fault that Staunton got the Irish job. Himself and Van Basten started putting ideas in Delaney's head.

Seeing as he likes California so much he should be at home at FC Hollywood. Haw haw.
van basten was another abject failure. fucking typical from a dutch cunt to start fights with his players rather then keep things harmonious.

who gives a monkeys how 'popular' he is with the big wigs?
You're the one who so haughtily asserted that he's an unpopular and 'arrogant cnt'. I'm just countering it with examples to the contrary.

You reckon Germany weren't 'all that'. I reckon they played football that was very easy on the eye.

You're the one who so haughtily asserted that he's an unpopular and 'arrogant cnt'. I'm just countering it with examples to the contrary.

You reckon Germany weren't 'all that'. I reckon they played football that was very easy on the eye.
with a proper manager they could have won that competition. it was open from the beginning. there was a france team on the verge of going out if they didn't beat togo, with in fighting and an unpopular manager who got to the final, and an italian team that won the thing without actually scoring any goals, it seems. terry venables has won more trophies than klinsy, and he too has an over inflated profile because of a plucky semi final exit on home soil. i wouldn't take klinsy at liverpool. tottenham would be more his style.

of all the managers kicking their heels after that wc hicks and gillett decided to talk to him, and not say oooo lippi sums up what they know about game.

Lippi has on more than one occasion ruled himself out of working in England due to the language barrier AND said he'd be taking time off after his WC success.

Anyway it's patently obvious to ANYONE that Hicks/Gillett are only in it for the money & don't make business decisions based on ephemeral sentimentality...and as I've said before what attracded them (and Bayern Munich) to Klinsmann was his ideas about how the game should be played.

Lippi has on more than one occasion ruled himself out of working in England due to the language barrier AND said he'd be taking time off after his WC success.

Anyway it's patently obvious to ANYONE that Hicks/Gillett are only in it for the money & don't make business decisions based on ephemeral sentimentality...and as I've said before what attracded them (and Bayern Munich) to Klinsmann was his ideas about how the game should be played.
how does he want the game played? the way i like is you score more goals than the opposition and take home the tin. it's the stuff i was brought up on. not you take one of worlds footballs biggest, most successful teams and get them a glorious moral victory in a semi final exit in your capital city against an italy team with marco fucking materazzi in it. kilnsy was revolutionary at germany, insofar as he perached the 4-4-2 diamond system, utterly alien to german football. it wouldn't was in the premiership, much as it didn't wash against the eyeties. klinsy, no.

What's going on here??

Two forum titans, Hector and Mitchum, slugging it out over Jurgen Klinsman.

Mitchum as ever plays the pretty stuff, likes a bit of showboating, lacks a bit of steel, but is doing well considering he's away from home.

Hector, very much in his element in the football forum, favours the the fast paced, gritty, old-school football doggerel that he learned on the streets.

It's a score draw in my book.

who gives a monkeys how 'popular' he is with the big wigs? he's no andy roxburgh. Germany weren't all that at the wc. not by a long shot. just cos half their goals were pinged in from fifty yards. of all the managers kicking their heels after that wc hicks and gillett decided to talk to him, and not say oooo lippi sums up what they know about game. klinsy had the good sense to turn ti down obviously.

Didn't one or both of Hicks / Gillett know him prior to the Liverpool takeover, and he'd have been approached on that basis rather than perceived competency?

Didn't one or both of Hicks / Gillett them know him prior to the Liverpool takeover, and he'd have been approached on that basis rather than perceived competency?
sure don't they live near one another over in that country. and they've proved, beyond any measure of a doubt, that they lack the competency to be gracious humans, never mind all the rest of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back