new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (4 Viewers)

I was talking shit, it was Fergie that said Sturridge was a big risk to sign. I thought he was a good signing, considering that he was basically scoring in every match he played for Chelsea even when he was coming on from the bench in the 80th minute

I was talking shit, it was Fergie that said Sturridge was a big risk to sign. I thought he was a good signing, considering that he was basically scoring in every match he played for Chelsea even when he was coming on from the bench in the 80th minute
Fergie also said he wouldn't have paid more than 50p and a half smoked woodbine for Robbie Keane way back when. And now he's like...the greatest Unnammed Fan since, I dunno...that guy who shot Reagan.

Guardian reporting that Suarez will indeed come back on the left wing, with Coutinho moving into the libero role behind sturridge. I am inordinately excited by this news.

few reasons. sturridge is scoring a goal a game, coutinho has the potential to do a lot more than he's showing at the minute, suarez did the same job really well last season against arsenal, chelsea, spurs, and still scored a few goals while at it.

few reasons. sturridge is scoring a goal a game, coutinho has the potential to do a lot more than he's showing at the minute, suarez did the same job really well last season against arsenal, chelsea, spurs, and still scored a few goals while at it.
All this is great in theory, but Suarez doesn't strike me as the sort to play where he's told and it doesn't give you much width. Anyway what do I know, He's obviously a gifted player and any team is better with him in it.

All this is great in theory, but Suarez doesn't strike me as the sort to play where he's told and it doesn't give you much width. Anyway what do I know, He's obviously a gifted player and any team is better with him in it.

When he was at Ajax he had a crazy good record playing from the right with Huntelaar in the middle. I think there's talent enough in the pool front line for loads of in game interchanging, he'll pop up in the middle plenty of times. In fact probably the one guy who'll stay in position will be Sterling/Moses.

Was listening to a podcast earlier in the week and they were talking about Liverpool's win % with Suarez & Sturridge and with just Sturridge. This season, in the first 2 games I think the with/without player to take into account is Mignolet, without him you very likely draw the first 2 matches.

Last edited:
and this one (I was in the kop for that game)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Talk in the Mirror today and we'll be back in for Suarez in January. Hopefully he comes back, plays well and Liverpool are in top 4 contention in January so they tell us to bugger off.

And then the wheels can come off your season from February onwards.

Talk in the Mirror today and we'll be back in for Suarez in January. Hopefully he comes back, plays well and Liverpool are in top 4 contention in January so they tell us to bugger off.

And then the wheels can come off your season from February onwards.
There's nothing Arsene enjoys more than spunking 42 million on a player in September, and another fifty million in January.

I'm sure this tweet from the official Liverpool USA twitter account was meant with the best intentions, but I think it misses the mark somewhat. In quite poor taste really.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not quite as poor taste as flying a plane into a building and killing a few thousand dudes. But, you know...let's have a whinge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back