new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (3 Viewers)

right... so the latest is that Madrid will come in for Suarez, only IF Benzema goes to Arsenal. But that makes no sense to me. From LFC's point of view, how is losing Suarez while Arsenal get Benzema any better than just selling Suarez to Arsenal? The principle is exactly the same - we lose a world class finisher and Arsenal gain one. This is fucking madness. BR came out yesterday saying the club was going to refuse any offer from Madrid, but in the absence of any offer that is apparently a "come and get him" comment, allegedly.

I'm confused.

right... so the latest is that Madrid will come in for Suarez, only IF Benzema goes to Arsenal. But that makes no sense to me. From LFC's point of view, how is losing Suarez while Arsenal get Benzema any better than just selling Suarez to Arsenal? The principle is exactly the same - we lose a world class finisher and Arsenal gain one. This is fucking madness. BR came out yesterday saying the club was going to refuse any offer from Madrid, but in the absence of any offer that is apparently a "come and get him" comment, allegedly.

I'm confused.

I'd be delighted to sign Benzema but I if you were to put aside my problems with signing him on pure footballing merits I think Suarez is the superior player, so while it'd certainly result in us stronger/you weaker it mightn't be to quite the same degree that it would be in you just sold us Suarez.

Yeah that's probably right, although I don't think it's possible to make straightforward comparisons as different styles slot into different teams in different ways etc. Remember when Andy Carroll couldn't stop scoring for Newcastle, Torres at liverpool, etc.

Anyway we agree in principle. Who would LFC have in? No one. That's who.

I'm confused.
I think what's crucial in all this is that it's Arsenal going in for Benzema, so it won't happen.

If Real came in, I'd expect cash plus a player. BUt I can't see any of it happening.

I think what's crucial in all this is that it's Arsenal going in for Benzema, so it won't happen.

If Real came in, I'd expect cash plus a player. BUt I can't see any of it happening.
Yeah but who ? Di Maria perhaps, maybe someone like Callejon Real don't really have another player like Benzema let alone Suarez.

Edit: Actually can anyone think of a situation in which a player went to a club for a fee plus a player in return where the selling club got a better deal ? I can't off hand but surely it has happened.

Yeah but who ? Di Maria perhaps, maybe someone like Callejon Real don't really have another player like Benzema let alone Suarez.
I thought Callejon was gone? I don't really know, tbh. Morata?

Oh, no wait, i've got it. Arbeloa. Sorted.

Rodgers said yesterday he wanted Willian, and is still looking a left winger, to let him push Coutinho into a no.10 role in the middle. Thinking long term, that would be great to see. Glad Spurs missed out. So anyway if Madrid came in De Maria might be worth en

very ropey second half there. mignolet looking like a decent upgrade. still a little dodge with the feet but no major fuck up.

still, 6 from 2 games. no complaints whatsoever

I reckon Victor Moses is a decent player, and one who's not going to get any decent kind of run for Chelsea after Willian arrives. I was pretty excited at the idea of the former, but when you see how we ended up a distant third in the race for him it hits home the reality of where the club and team are at. We're making great strides under Rodgers, but we're not a top 4 side and have to be a patient. Spurs squad is looking epic now, their first team could be on a par with City and Chelsea by Monday.

Illori deal is rumoured to be done, bar some other fuckers nicking him off us.

I think Spurs could finish third this season if the new lads settle in quickly. Some very, very good players there. And the new stadium continues to grow across the road. I am leaving my job next month so won't have to feel the pain.

I reckon Victor Moses is a decent player, and one who's not going to get any decent kind of run for Chelsea after Willian arrives. I was pretty excited at the idea of the former, but when you see how we ended up a distant third in the race for him it hits home the reality of where the club and team are at. We're making great strides under Rodgers, but we're not a top 4 side and have to be a patient. Spurs squad is looking epic now, their first team could be on a par with City and Chelsea by Monday.

Illori deal is rumoured to be done, bar some other fuckers nicking him off us.
Liverpool weren't out muscled, they just didn't rate Willian at 30 millian. SO they backed off. Chrsitian Atsu, who liverpool were looking at earlier in the season, is also going to Chelsea. What in fuck is Mou at?

I think Spurs could finish third this season if the new lads settle in quickly. Some very, very good players there. And the new stadium continues to grow across the road. I am leaving my job next month so won't have to feel the pain.
Yeah, Spurs look like a better team without Bale cos they look like a team. Having said that, they'll fuck it up somehow.

Liverpool weren't out muscled, they just didn't rate Willian at 30 millian. SO they backed off. Chrsitian Atsu, who liverpool were looking at earlier in the season, is also going to Chelsea. What in fuck is Mou at?

Some English team should bid like 25 million for like Aidan McGeady or something, just so Chelsea can end up buying him for 35 million and we can all have a massive laugh at them

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back