new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (3 Viewers)

happy out with that performance over norwich it has to be said.

still rubbing my eyes after another downing assist too, however i still don't think he should be playing as often, here's hopin Assaidi will get his chance when he returns from the Nations Cup. glad henderson upping his game as allen seemingly off the boil the last while. but neither of them still have the presence on the field of shelvey imo

glad to see the sturridge and suarez (diver he maybe at times) partnership kicking in quicker then i imagined it would, was a brilliant dummy to let suarez run onto the ball and put it away. and the pressue we put on their players when we didn't have possesion even up to the last minute was great too.

hoping we can get through oldham at the weekend and then beat arsenal as they don't seem in great shakes right now, and with them having havin a game in hand on us it would be brilliant to take those 3 points.

It's nice to beat Norwich 5-0 at home, it's the kind of result that often ended in a draw for the past few seasons. So, that's improvement. However, as was in evidence against United, when teams press Liverpool high up the pitch, they make mistakes. Norwich applied very little pressure and allowed pool too much time and space. They were duly punished.

The upcoming games against City and Arsenal will be very telling. If they can manage a win in just one I think it'll be a good outing, particularly because both are away. I can see them doing Arsenal cause they're so fragile at the back and will allow Liverpool play. City will be a much tougher affair.

It's nice to beat Norwich 5-0 at home, it's the kind of result that often ended in a draw for the past few seasons. So, that's improvement. However, as was in evidence against United, when teams press Liverpool high up the pitch, they make mistakes. Norwich applied very little pressure and allowed pool too much time and space. They were duly punished.

The upcoming games against City and Arsenal will be very telling. If they can manage a win in just one I think it'll be a good outing, particularly because both are away. I can see them doing Arsenal cause they're so fragile at the back and will allow Liverpool play. City will be a much tougher affair.

Eh... Didn't they absolutely hammer Norwich last season ?

I still see a high scoring draw with Arsenal, Though I have been wrong about the first part of my prediction. I think Cazorla Wilshire and if he's back Arteta are pretty good at pressing high up the pitch so Liverpool could run into the exact problems your talking about. In spite of the fact that every time Liverpool cross the half way line they'll probably score.

I still see a high scoring draw with Arsenal, Though I have been wrong about the first part of my prediction. I think Cazorla Wilshire and if he's back Arteta are pretty good at pressing high up the pitch so Liverpool could run into the exact problems your talking about

Diaby is back fit and had a phnominal game at Anfield earlier in the season.

I still see a high scoring draw with Arsenal, Though I have been wrong about the first part of my prediction. I think Cazorla Wilshire and if he's back Arteta are pretty good at pressing high up the pitch so Liverpool could run into the exact problems your talking about. In spite of the fact that every time Liverpool cross the half way line they'll probably score.

I meant in the sense that they often dropped points to mid/lower table teams when they should have easily beaten them. As for Arsenal, they're not really a pressing team, are they? They tend to let other teams play thinking they can 'outplay' or 'outpass' them. An early goal and they'll likely have a panic attack and wilt.

I meant in the sense that they often dropped points to mid/lower table teams when they should have easily beaten them. As for Arsenal, they're not really a pressing team, are they? They tend to let other teams play thinking they can 'outplay' or 'outpass' them. An early goal and they'll likely have a panic attack and wilt.

Depends on the day really, we pressed Swansea very hard last week and in previous seasons have done it more than we have mostly this season. Rosicky is very good at it, and in forcing the rest of the team to do it.

Depends on the day really, we pressed Swansea very hard last week and in previous seasons have done it more than we have mostly this season. Rosicky is very good at it, and in forcing the rest of the team to do it.

Yeah, but how often does Rosicky play? And he's currently injured. Wilshere will get about the place, as will an honest pro like Podolski. Not sure about the likes of Walcott and Cazorla.

You think they can get a top 4 spot this year? It look increasingly unlikely to me. Spurs seem to be motoring nicely under AVB. Chelsea probably have too much in reserve to drop out but they would seem the most likely to faulter. Still, i'm not sure that Arsenal could pick up the points if Chelsea drop them. Would be great to see Everton pip in there....or Liverpool.

Yeah, but how often does Rosicky play? And he's currently injured. Wilshere will get about the place, as will an honest pro like Podolski. Not sure about the likes of Walcott and Cazorla.

You think they can get a top 4 spot this year? It look increasingly unlikely to me. Spurs seem to be motoring nicely under AVB. Chelsea probably have too much in reserve to drop out but they would seem the most likely to faulter. Still, i'm not sure that Arsenal could pick up the points if Chelsea drop them. Would be great to see Everton pip in there....or Liverpool.

Cazorla puts in a shift, he's got a load of caps for Spain and they press, not as intensely as Barcelona do but still, he doesn't shirk. In terms attacking players not working our big concern has been wide players not tracking back, that's an issue with Walcott when it turns out that having broken his leg twice seems to have dramatically impacted his ability to play football well which is a terrible shame because I think he's been one of the best right backs in the league for 3-4 seasons. He was atrocious on Sunday, miles out of position for the first goal.

Top 4, it's doable, win the game in hand tonight and we're only 4 points behind but this is the most concerned I've been in all the years that it looks like we might not that it might happen. At the minute I'd certainly think that Spurs look more likely to finish ahead of us. I think we're better than then in terms of talent but their players are playing close to the best of their abilities, ours aren't. Not playing well for more than 45 minutes in 90 is a problem right now.

I'm going to my first game since 97 in a fortnight, I'm looking forward to that though.

Beat them at their place when they looked safe. I think the Anfield game was a draw. That's been a problem.

I also said they'd edge it at City. Lets see if I get 2 out of 3

Absolute belter wasn't it ? Yeah, Liverpool being what ? the second side to win there in 2 years and in doing so hand United the title, it's football innit.

Yeah, pooer fucking City. Wah wah. They don't deserve to win the league. ESPECIALLY if Liverpool beat them.

I don't care if I'm starting to sound like a broken record here, but it is a real treat to see a Liverpool side that actually look like what i remember Liverpool playing like.

Anyone agree with me that the PL's top 8 this season are as good as it's ever been ? Everyone from Swansea up can really play proper ball. A few seasons ago when we'd slug it out with Villa for 5th every year both teams played fairly pedestrian football, full blooded but very limited. Today is like watching a top 4 in Spain match with pace and actual tackles. Eurosport tells me there were 518 passes in the first half 80% success rate.

The bottom 12 on the other hand might be among the worst of the last 20 years

Nope, I think the top clubs have all regressed in the past few seasons.

Yeah you're right that's not what I meant.

Okay let me rephrase that the top 8 are better matched than they've ever been. United Arsenal and Chelsea aren't as good as they used to be but the rest are a lot better. When those 3 were at their best the league was pretty boring except when they played each other.

Anyway today was a good one for the neutral. Liverpool should have given me 2 out of 3 on my predictions. Not totally sure what Reina was at for the second goal.

Yeah you're right that's not what I meant.

Okay let me rephrase that the top 8 are better matched than they've ever been. United Arsenal and Chelsea aren't as good as they used to be but the rest are a lot better

Yeah, I'd go along with that.

Thought pool were good today, some great goals going on.

Yeah, I'd go along with that.

Thought pool were good today, some great goals going on.

Played really well first half, thought City were starting to look a threat when they went to 3 at the back and Gerrard's goal was evry slightly against the run of it at that stage. From then on Liverpool looked fairly comfortable and City looked a little short of ideas. Until Reina lost the plot. Nigerie just knocked out The Ivory Coast so bet City are fucking delighted that Toure is back in a few days. They missed him a lot today.

Edit: Also was just saying to myself that Gerrard should come off for Shelvey because he was looking tired and City looked like they were about to lay siege on the 18 yard line. Then he cracked one in from 25 yards. Oh how I strongly dislike him. Great finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back