new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

the johnson thing stinks. he can't perform if he's fucking injured. he could be one of better players, if he's in the frame of mind. he could be our bale. selling him would be a mistake. carra is an awful rightback, why not play kelly there against whoever it was that beat us recently, i forget. he played him against chelsea and he was good. and now this... the greek is more important? the fucking greek? poor greek, he just sums up this season for me. limited. even his very best is pretty poor. argh. we're now in the realm of nonsensical team selections. that's pretty much where we left off with rafa. he'll probably be out of a job in a couple of weeks, maybe we could swap with inter. ha ha ha. ...............

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/nov/17/liverpool-transfer-window-spending

This is an interesting read. Based on what NESV have been saying and doing, it's clear their priority is to take every decision based on objective facts with well informed analysis. Comolli's basically come out and said what I predicted - ie, his job is to identify bright young talent to bring in cheap and nurture, and to do that regardless of who is managing the first team.

It definitely makes no sense, economically, to try to patch up the team in January by paying over the odds for players that other clubs obviously don't rate (as they are the ones who will be available). There might be a small outlay on the squad, but unless there's a serious injury shortage somewhere I think NESV will prefer to save the money and aim for a top ten finish.

So as long as Roy gets into the top ten by January and seems to be running a good average for a top ten finish, I think they'll stick with him until the summer, then hand over the team and the full kitty to a decent continental manager. It would just be too expensive to change now when we're already looking out of the running for the top four. Unless someone great is available cheap (Rijkard maybe?) and they can definitely come in and lift this current team into the running for the CL spots (which is never definite and in fact really unlikely) I think the owners will write this season off.

To be honest I think that's the right approach, much as I despise Hodgson at this point. It's also not what you're supposed to say as a Liverpool supporter but if it means we get into the summer with £40m to spend, a new manager starting fresh in July, and Roy fucking off at minimal loss to the club's coffers, then it is probably the best option.

Course if Roy doesn't start picking up league points with some regularity he'll be off much sooner. The list of cringey quotes in the Tomkins site is fucking appalling.

I was briefly a while back, for up until Christmas like, but not now. Hodgson will plod us along on a bumpy road until then in much the same way. Dalglish would only make a certain portion of the Kop happy as realistically the likes of Torres and even Gerrard would be thinking 'ah what the fuck is going on here!?'

Sigh. Sounded like a really good match, and that Maxi and Torres both blew chances to go 2 up. But fuck, if that wasn't the worst bit of defending I've seen in years from Konchesky for the winner. Just plain awful, terrible player. Whatever about Anfield wins, Hodgson has until Christmas to prove he can take points away from home or he'll be for it. These games are Newcastle and Blackpool who we are currently tied on points with. Anything less than 4 points should not be acceptable, even though both those teams will rightly fancy their chances.

As for United in the cup? Jeeeeaysusssss....

ugh. i don't know where to begin. should have been 2-0 up before the stupidity occurred. when are we gonna get a break? even their peno wasn't in the box, but kuyt got tripped and that was okay. torres had a brainwrong of a game and maxi fell over himself when one on one. 92nd minute equaliser. own goal. man u in the cup. what the fuck like?

ugh. i don't know where to begin. should have been 2-0 up before the stupidity occurred. when are we gonna get a break? even their peno wasn't in the box, but kuyt got tripped and that was okay. torres had a brainwrong of a game and maxi fell over himself when one on one. 92nd minute equaliser. own goal. man u in the cup. what the fuck like?

maxi made a similiar bollox of a chance at home v chelsea...just fcukin hit the thing man...like you did at bolton!!! FFS.

5 Pool bookings. 0 for Spurs.

gas though that the gap between relegation candidates and league winners (copyright Harry Redknapp) does actually exist.

also, are we the most one paced midfield on earth. for "wingers" kuyt and maxi are as fast as me.

we lack to the confidence to make our own luck. miereles was unlucky with that shot that fizzed past the post. on another day.... but it's clear, we don't get those days any more.

also, are we the most one paced midfield on earth. for "wingers" kuyt and maxi are as fast as me.

we lack to the confidence to make our own luck. miereles was unlucky with that shot that fizzed past the post. on another day.... but it's clear, we don't get those days any more.

we don't get those days because we're shit. the less you have of the ball, the less chance of getting lucky with it. spurs were good value for the win in the second half, it started to feel inevitable.
oh well, at least we didn't lose by too many goals, eh roy?

oh the rumours today...lucas out, steven taylor in. steven taylor! he's GASH.
looks like the problem with having an english manager is that he buys english players. ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back