new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

Guess who Liverpool are playing on the last day of the season? Not that it's gonna go down to the wire anyway...but just imagine.

It leaves us a bit sparse up front doesn't it? If Nando gets injured again, who do we call upon - Kuyt? Babel? N'Gog? No pressure Torres lad, none at all. Tsk.

Considering I generally support teams cos they've an Irish player (even though Keane is somewhat of an arse), that's my policy for the rest of the season sorted: fuck Liverpool. I'll be supporting whoever they're playing cos Rafa's a shitehawk and Gerrard(/m$e) is a Phil-Collins-loving prick.

Considering I generally support teams cos they've an Irish player (even though Keane is somewhat of an arse), that's my policy for the rest of the season sorted: fuck Liverpool. I'll be supporting whoever they're playing cos Rafa's a shitehawk and Gerrard(/m$e) is a Phil-Collins-loving prick.

Your fickle backing shall be missed!

It leaves us a bit sparse up front doesn't it? If Nando gets injured again, who do we call upon - Kuyt? Babel? N'Gog? No pressure Torres lad, none at all. Tsk.
and precisely what contribution did keano make while torres was injured the first time?

i think they're better off without him, frankly.

what if they had more stars from the benelux region?

and precisely what contribution did keano make while torres was injured the first time?

Precisely? 5 goals. 2 against West Brom (Torres came on at 3-0 in the 72nd minute), the equalizer against Arsenal and two against Bolton. He probably missed about 100 goals in that time too of course. Keane didn't fit the picture at Anfield and as long as other forwards can contribute goals to help out then he won't really be missed.

Current stats for forwards this season (including Gerrard and Kuyt as midfielders):

Gerrard - 21 starts, 1 sub, 9 goals in 1876 mins
Torres - 10 starts, 3 sub, 7 goals in 906 mins
Kuyt - 23 starts, 1 sub, 5 goals in 2043 mins,
Babel - 4 starts, 13 sub, 2 goals in 551 mins
David N'gog - 0 starts, 6 sub, 0 goals.

Alonso has 3 goals, Benny and Berty have 2 each. Goal scoring defenders - Sami and Arbeloa have one a piece.

well, i've found myself feeling a lot more confident today. i think keano was wrong from the beginning. it's also pretty clear now that benitez never wanted him, and the millstone of a 20 mil striker kicking his heels and air was beginning to grate. i'm mostly glad he's gone, but i don't know what point rafa has proved, especially now liverpool are down an international goal scorer.

mind you, keane did himself no favours. the preston game looked like the last straw.

Ashley Cole was some attacking force there the other day wasnt he?

well, i've found myself feeling a lot more confident today. i think keano was wrong from the beginning. it's also pretty clear now that benitez never wanted him, and the millstone of a 20 mil striker kicking his heels and air was beginning to grate. i'm mostly glad he's gone, but i don't know what point rafa has proved, especially now liverpool are down an international goal scorer.

mind you, keane did himself no favours. the preston game looked like the last straw.

benitez did want keane. he recommended him to the board. the point was that they approved £20m for keane but not £18m for rafa's first choice. rafa wants to make those calls. he's already missed out on alves, vidic, aguero, because of parry. so when he said 'the board approved keane' he was implicitly saying 'but not barry'. by not playing keane he's shown them that he is prepared to use his selections to embarrass the board. keane probably knew this from around november when it became obvious that rafa was giving up on him, and it can't have helped his confidence, but he did himself no favours with some absolutely stinking showings. this is good news for benitez and frankly it's great news for LFC because parry is an irredeemable idiot.

i'm glad he's gone because it means the press can start talking about something else and the lads who are left know what they have to do. keane was never going to win us the title and he'll be happier back at spurs. torres has had all the rest that he would have got being rotated all year, he can carry it through. remember that van nistelrooy won united the title in 2003 between march and may. remember henry. remember rush. remember dalglish. we have the best striker in the world and he's just scored two. jesus lads, try enjoying yrselves for a change.

x

benitez did want keane. he recommended him to the board. the point was that they approved £20m for keane but not £18m for rafa's first choice. rafa wants to make those calls. he's already missed out on alves, vidic, aguero, because of parry. so when he said 'the board approved keane' he was implicitly saying 'but not barry'. by not playing keane he's shown them that he is prepared to use his selections to embarrass the board. keane probably knew this from around november when it became obvious that rafa was giving up on him, and it can't have helped his confidence, but he did himself no favours with some absolutely stinking showings. this is good news for benitez and frankly it's great news for LFC because parry is an irredeemable idiot.

i'm glad he's gone because it means the press can start talking about something else and the lads who are left know what they have to do. keane was never going to win us the title and he'll be happier back at spurs. torres has had all the rest that he would have got being rotated all year, he can carry it through. remember that van nistelrooy won united the title in 2003 between march and may. remember henry. remember rush. remember dalglish. we have the best striker in the world and he's just scored two. jesus lads, try enjoying yrselves for a change.

x
true, if keano cost a more reasonable 10, lets say, he'd still be there, and all would be grand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back