new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (3 Viewers)

it took rafa 25 minutes to make an attacking substitution after frank was sent off (never a sending off. but. fuck him.) and then it took less than five to actually score. why did he wait so fucking long. and why did dirk get another full game. and re: torres, see what happens when you give a striker 90 minutes, see? i've known robbie keane to score goals after the 60 minute mark in my day. if rafa was in charge of ireland we'd have lost 1-0 to germany and gone out of wc 2002 at the group stage.

if he flogs keane, he better have someone lined up. some one better than javier saviola, for example.

if he flogs keane, he better have someone lined up. some one better than javier saviola, for example.

yeah, I was thinking the same. Seems crazy to sell him if you're not going to replace him. But Rafa is crazy, so....

Yesterday's game was good I thought, Chelsea packed the midfield so it was scrappy at times but I think Liverpool were always on top and would likely have won regardless of Lampard's sending off.

Selling Keane only makes sense if we manage to get a quality player in as well. I'd be happy if we got someone like David Silva or Antonio Valencia from wigan. I'd wouldn't be so confident about Aaron Lennon which is probably what we'll end up with.

yeah, I was thinking the same. Seems crazy to sell him if you're not going to replace him. But Rafa is crazy, so....

Yesterday's game was good I thought, Chelsea packed the midfield so it was scrappy at times but I think Liverpool were always on top and would likely have won regardless of Lampard's sending off.
lampards sending off made it harder for liverpool, because rafa was still afraid to take off a defensive midfielder, or even a defender, for more up front. he eventually did, when another zip all was looming. thing is tho, chelsea didn't attack with 11, he had a great opportunity to put them to the sword from 60 minutes on. still, the adrenaline of the late winner might rejuvenate the team.

much as i though signing keano was a bad idea, that's because of the price and the fact of rafa. just rafa. it was never going to work. who would? another dirk kuyt?

lampards sending off made it harder for liverpool, because rafa was still afraid to take off a defensive midfielder, or even a defender, for more up front. he eventually did, when another zip all was looming. thing is tho, chelsea didn't attack with 11, he had a great opportunity to put them to the sword from 60 minutes on. still, the adrenaline of the late winner might rejuvenate the team.

much as i though signing keano was a bad idea, that's because of the price and the fact of rafa. just rafa. it was never going to work. who would? another dirk kuyt?

Looks like Keane is having a medical at White Hart Lane. I feel sorry for his 10 year old self, but it's just not happening for him at Anfield. I really don't think we should be bothering with PLennont. El Zhar is probably just as much use to us and should be given a few more chances. Little Benny did well yesterday, he's a good lad.

Yesterday's result will count for very little unless we go out and thump Portsmouth. There's no team I'd rather be playing next, they try and play football but poor Adams is struggling to get his message across and they are brittle as fuck. If Benitez rests anyone or puts out a defensive team and gets us a 0-0, then he'll probably be assassinated. I fancy West Ham to give United a proper game on Sunday (someone has to have a fucking go at them), so it'd be nice to be top at least before kick off.

Awaiting the let down...

false hope! glorious false hope!

one thing i did take from yesterdays game, is that chelsea and liverpool are not as good as united are right now. united now have to not win, and it will take a major cock up from them. 2 points might as well be 15.

false hope! glorious false hope!

one thing i did take from yesterdays game, is that chelsea and liverpool are not as good as united are right now. united now have to not win, and it will take a major cock up from them. 2 points might as well be 15.

I don't expect United to throw away the title at this stage, but all I really wanted from this season was a genuine attempt, to keep challenging as long as possible. To be two points (assuming five) behind in February with one defeat all season and 10 points from 12 against the other top four teams is better than I hoped for. We should have a had a bigger lead to piss away, but there ya go. New territory for Liverpool these title challenges. I still think Rafa's cock ups and shit finishing have cost us our chance, but you know, if we win a few on the trot and United draw one (they have to have a blip don't they?) then we'll at least get to the Old Trafford game as title rivals. Could we win that? It's seems unlikely, but if Torres is on a run - who knows? It'll be almost unbearable to lose there and see United canter off, but better to be still in with a shout and go down fighting..

I know I'll sound like an optimistic fool if we don't beat Portsmouth at the weekend, but walk on, walk on etc;

united have had their blip. that's why livepool were on the top of the table. then the draws started.

a possible title challenge, champions league run and fa cup run. with torres, ngog and kuyt as your strike force. one of which can only be realistically recognised as a threat. hope t fuck keane stays and rafa recognises that hes there to use for the next 4 months at least. never was or will be a huge fan of keane but give the poor bastard a chance like. as someone said earlier, he caan score beyond 65 minutes also.

keano, keano, and so forth

total waste of time, the whole thing. 20 million could have been spent on a winger. shitheads, all of them.

If liverpool win the league and spurs get relegated Robbie will get a winners medal and drop down to the championship.

total waste of time, the whole thing. 20 million could have been spent on a winger. shitheads, all of them.

They didn't spend STG20 Million.
It was one of those pay-in-installment deals.

Not sure how the new deal will pan out but rumours suggest Spurs are gonna front STG15 million in cash?!
That doesn't make much sense but if it means LFC can get someone in before the dead-line on the back of this, all well and good.

Give El Zhar a chance, say I.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back