new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (9 Viewers)

torres deffo out for the united game. if riera has the debut of the century, he can kick back for the rest of his career, i wouldn't mind.

re: carra, funnily enough, i don't look to footballers for insight into anything.

torres deffo out for the united game. if riera has the debut of the century, he can kick back for the rest of his career, i wouldn't mind.

re: carra, funnily enough, i don't look to footballers for insight into anything.

I don't know, Andy Reid is supposed to be quite the culture vulture.

Liverpool the subject of fresh Dubai bid
Sheikh Mohammed, the ruler of Dubai, has reportedly sanctioned an increased offer of £500 million to buy Liverpool.

By Mike Norrish
Last Updated: 9:22AM BST 03 Sep 2008

Previous1 of 2 ImagesNext Pressure: George Gillett (left) and Tom Hicks have been unable to fulfil their pledge to build a new stadium Photo: Getty Images
Support: a takeovever by the Dubai ruling family would be well received among Liverpool fans Photo: Getty Images
With the global banking crisis leaving Liverpool’s American owners unable to finance plans for a new stadium in Stanley Park, the club are in danger of treading water.

Cash flow is not a concern for Dubai International Capital, one of Sheikh Mohammed’s investment arms, who are now optimistic that this renewed bid will be accepted.

A report in this morning’s S*n claims the new offer would clear the club’s debt and see Hicks and Gillett both walk away with a profit of £75 million.

Manchester City’s takeover by the Abu Dhabi United group makes the situation of Liverpool’s ownership all the more critical.

With such financial muscle, City can now realistically expect to mount a serious challenge for one of four Champions League places.

Liverpool and Arsenal are most at risk, but the impact of failure to qualify for the Champions League would be much greater at Anfield, where matchday revenues are dwarfed by those raised at the larger and more corporate-friendly Emirates Stadium.

It is estimated Arsenal generate £50 million more than Liverpool every year simply through this means, making the need to leave Anfield all the more pressing.

When they bought the club in 2007, Hicks and Gillett promised work on the new stadium would begin almost immediately.

But with annual interest payments of £30 million and the current financial climate as it is, there are fears on Merseyside that the Texan pair are simply incapable of fulfilling their pledges

Could be bull but I hope it's not.

Liverpool the subject of fresh Dubai bid
Sheikh Mohammed, the ruler of Dubai, has reportedly sanctioned an increased offer of £500 million to buy Liverpool.

By Mike Norrish
Last Updated: 9:22AM BST 03 Sep 2008

Previous1 of 2 ImagesNext Pressure: George Gillett (left) and Tom Hicks have been unable to fulfil their pledge to build a new stadium Photo: Getty Images
Support: a takeovever by the Dubai ruling family would be well received among Liverpool fans Photo: Getty Images
With the global banking crisis leaving Liverpool’s American owners unable to finance plans for a new stadium in Stanley Park, the club are in danger of treading water.

Cash flow is not a concern for Dubai International Capital, one of Sheikh Mohammed’s investment arms, who are now optimistic that this renewed bid will be accepted.

A report in this morning’s S*n claims the new offer would clear the club’s debt and see Hicks and Gillett both walk away with a profit of £75 million.

Manchester City’s takeover by the Abu Dhabi United group makes the situation of Liverpool’s ownership all the more critical.

With such financial muscle, City can now realistically expect to mount a serious challenge for one of four Champions League places.

Liverpool and Arsenal are most at risk, but the impact of failure to qualify for the Champions League would be much greater at Anfield, where matchday revenues are dwarfed by those raised at the larger and more corporate-friendly Emirates Stadium.

It is estimated Arsenal generate £50 million more than Liverpool every year simply through this means, making the need to leave Anfield all the more pressing.

When they bought the club in 2007, Hicks and Gillett promised work on the new stadium would begin almost immediately.

But with annual interest payments of £30 million and the current financial climate as it is, there are fears on Merseyside that the Texan pair are simply incapable of fulfilling their pledges

Could be bull but I hope it's not.

I heard this too from a different source.
Apparently Citeh's new owner is the son-in-law of this guy & only went for Manchester's premier club so as not to tread on the toes of Sheikh Mohammed.

the way i see it, if you're sucking the devils cock, might as well get a rich devil, not those tow american numpties.

we're not english, we are scouse:
The last of Carragher's 34 caps came when he missed a penalty as England went out of the 2006 World Cup against Portugal in a shootout.
Carragher wrote in 'Carra, My Autobiography', serialised in the Daily Mirror: "I would rather miss for England than LFC."
He added: "Whenever I returned home from disappointing England experiences one unshakeable, overriding thought pushed itself to the forefront of my mind - no matter how much the rest of the nation mourned.
" At least it wasn't Liverpool,' I'd repeat to myself, over and over.
"Losing felt like a disappointment rather than a calamity."

i havent been onn here for ages

liverpool prediction for the season 4th
were exactly the same
no fucking wingers
sacking that fucking stupid bullfighting cunt

riera me bollix
hope im wrong about that one mind you

Looks like Sami's European glory nights might be finnished.

"Veteran defender Sami Hyypia has told Finnish media his disappointment at being excluded from Liverpool’s Champions League squad for the new season.

The big centre back, celebrating 10 years at the club this season, now finds himself behind Carragher, Agger and Skrtel and due to the quota of homegrown players having to be included in the European squad Hyypia isn’t in Rafa Benitez’s 25 man squad.

8 players in the 25 man squad must be “homegrown”, with 4 association trained and 4 domestic association trained. Liverpool’s registered players are Carragher, Gerrard, Keane, Pennant and youngsters Stephen Darby, Steven Irwin, Jay Spearing, Ryan Flynn and Martin Kelly."

Seems to be a bit bummed about it, even though it's mainly to do with new ruling (and the fact that he's 35.) Losing a good man for the occasion though - he played every minute of 57 consecutive European games for Liverpool from November 2001 to February 2006, and of course his crucial goals against Juventus and Arsenal.

you have 9 players listed there, when they only need 8, ho hum. i wonder is that why pennant didn't move. it's a bit of a shit rule, for someone who's been at the club for 10 years.

you have 9 players listed there, when they only need 8, ho hum. i wonder is that why pennant didn't move. it's a bit of a shit rule, for someone who's been at the club for 10 years.

Yes, sorry Flynn isn't included in the final 25. Since the Barry deal fell through, I think keeping Pennant was a necessity (unless he could have swapped him for Downing or something) Hairball wants to fight for his place too though, so good luck to him.
As for Hyypia, it all means that he is left behind all on his tod.

You'll never watch alone Sami.

fuckin scummers, i thought lfc had employed some securo firm? obviously not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back