new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (8 Viewers)

is he any use? I know nothing about him but all i can think of is Luis Garcia. Can't help thinking SWP would be a tidy purchase.

He's a different kind of player to lil' Luis. He has better close control, and is more comfortable in wide areas. He tends to beat his man to get into crossing positions, so unlike Garcia and indeed babel, you are looking at greater percentage of balls in than him taking up shooting opportunities. From what I've seen he looks extremely comfortable and strong on the ball, and would be a reliable source of width.

As a con, he seems rather fond of his clever back heels passes at inopportune moments, which might catch the likes of Kuyt or a flat footed defender out in bad positions.

Plus, if we get him he'll be snubbing Everton in the process, so he'll be immediately popular with the kop.

plenty to get your eyes around here :

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

get the fucking boots white, la, that's all i'm asking.

don't slag luis close control, he could shave your nads with his feet and you wouldn't even notice.

get the fucking boots white, la, that's all i'm asking.

don't slag luis close control, he could shave your nads with his feet and you wouldn't even notice.

what I meant was he'd give the ball away less. Hopefully.

I remember looking at both Babel and Lucas's youtube compilations this time last year and thinking 'My God! We've signed two of the best players in the world!' They might still be, but it's silly getting too excited about players when you've no idea how they'll adapt. Still, he's gotta be better than Downing, and possibly a better player than Quaresma, what with him not being Portuguese.

i was kinda hoping for downing, average and overpriced he is, certainly, but actual left winger he also is, in the traditional sense. ok he's not in the figo class, but he knows it too. plays within himself, gets to the byline, crosses, etc. benayoun and kuyt are not wingers. riera's problem is he thinks he is in the figo class. but sure fuck it, just someone who sticks to the wing and we're already a better team. i like benny, he's just not a winger.

fee agreed, around 8 mil, which could be reasonable, as long as he's better than antonio nunez.

It's been a long time since City were anything other than that.

This may well be the year for Liverpool.

The year to finish 4th again.

This could be the year alright, the year we make amends for the all the jammy 1-0 wins you've fluked over us recently.

Not taking into account the 3-0 massacre at Old Trafford of course.. ahem...

He didn't do much at Man City.

Can't agree there at all. SWP was top scorer at City for two seasons in a row scoring 11 goals in 2003/2004 and 11 again in 2004/2005. That's pretty good going for a right winger. Liverpool's joint top scorers in 2004/2005 were Gerrard, Baros and Luis Garcia with 13.

Can't agree there at all. SWP was top scorer at City for two seasons in a row scoring 11 goals in 2003/2004 and 11 again in 2004/2005. That's pretty good going for a right winger. Liverpool's joint top scorers in 2004/2005 were Gerrard, Baros and Luis Garcia with 13.
eh. wha?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back