new Crystal Castles album (1 Viewer)

promoters can't pick and choose dates as they please. ticket price is based on the band's fee.
I don't know anyone who would choose to put something on a Tuesday night over a better night. Would it be preferably not to have the show on at all?

"I assume yer man's riding her? I mean why else would you keep her around?"

- you are an idiot.

I don't think I am. She's just a dime a dozen bog standard Karen O clone who brings nothing to the party. The best tracks on the album are the ones where she doesn't feature at all. When she played the Roisin she just sulked because there wasn't a packed house waiting for her and she came out pointed at random people in the audience and started going "Fuck you. Fuck you and fuck you" over the mic. I don't appreciate being berated because I'm one of the few people who actually bothered to attend the gig.

Bit harsh slagging off a promoter for putting a band on a Tuesday night. Surely this is determined by the band's own touring schedule? I don't imagine Crystal Castles come cheap either. They're becoming a pretty big act and are represented by a big agency.

Fair points and in retrospect I laid it on thick. The promoters motivation for putting on the show is his own business. Also I accept that certain limitations and conditions determine the scheduling and door charge. If there is a market for it etc etc.

I just think this show could be programmed so much better. That is my opinion and maybe a topic for debate for another day and offline

On what scutter says I agree, the larger agencies seem to treat Ireland like an afterthought when it comes to tours/events here operating a take it or leave it policy when offering bands to book.

I don't think I am. She's just a dime a dozen bog standard Karen O clone who brings nothing to the party. The best tracks on the album are the ones where she doesn't feature at all. When she played the Roisin she just sulked because there wasn't a packed house waiting for her and she came out pointed at random people in the audience and started going "Fuck you. Fuck you and fuck you" over the mic. I don't appreciate being berated because I'm one of the few people who actually bothered to attend the gig.

If you're trying to convince me that you're not an idiot even though you explicitly said that the woman's presence in the band could SURELY only be justified by your own manufactured fact that the man in the band was having sex with her, then you have failed.

Only an idiot would say something like that.

If your real problem is with what you've outlined above, why didn't you say "she shouldn't be in the band because she slags people who go to her gigs and I don't like her voice" from the off? Why did you have to be misogynistic about it?

Regarding the Karen O clone comment, I don't think she sounds anything like Karen O. Although, if being a Karen O clone means being a cool, animated woman in an indie band with a nice haircut, then I suppose she is. And in that case, every single boy in a band is a clone of each other by your logic.

Why were they such cunts??

Yer man definitely has a punchable look about him.

Have my ticket for this in anyways.

If you're trying to convince me that you're not an idiot even though you explicitly said that the woman's presence in the band could SURELY only be justified by your own manufactured fact that the man in the band was having sex with her, then you have failed.

Only an idiot would say something like that.

If your real problem is with what you've outlined above, why didn't you say "she shouldn't be in the band because she slags people who go to her gigs and I don't like her voice" from the off? Why did you have to be misogynistic about it?

Regarding the Karen O clone comment, I don't think she sounds anything like Karen O. Although, if being a Karen O clone means being a cool, animated woman in an indie band with a nice haircut, then I suppose she is. And in that case, every single boy in a band is a clone of each other by your logic.

I don't think it was automatically misogynistic to suggest that she's useless to the band if your man does everything and she just bounces around being obnoxious. The old "they must be riding" suggestion is a fairly logical explanation.
Although being obnoxious is what it's all about, maybe. Obnoxious about nothing in particular, probably.

As per usual, I haven't heard anything by this band.

Crystal Castles are either the most famous unknown band in the world or the most unknown famous band. It's hard to keep up these days.

Half their stuff is great and half is shite, maybe that's why.

"The old "they must be riding" suggestion is a fairly logical explanation."

dear oh dear, that's sad.

"thats a fairly logistical reply."

that makes no sense.

I meant sad, as in it's sad to think that someone believes "The old "they must be riding" suggestion is a fairly logical explanation."

The underlying tone here is a belief that women are only in bands at the sexual behest of their male bandmates. Whether it is meant or not, such is the subconscious utterance, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back