new Crystal Castles album (1 Viewer)

BC

Threads
Website
brianconniffe.blogspot.com

UnaRocks

Threads
I really like the record. Thought they were good @ Kennedy's too - just too short a set. Really looking forward to the Andrews Lane gig.

Raar - Maximum

Threads
Website
www.myspace.com
I actually thought the Crystal Castles set was a perfect length coming at the right moment after a great build up courtesy of Cap Pas Cap and our DJs on the night. They were dark, edgy and very compelling, perfect really for a late Friday night club experience. Little wonder they were on the bill for Fabric the following weekend with Justice, James Murphy et all… It ranks one of my favourite Max Joy shows!

Putting them on early on a Tuesday night with no real attention to proper programming is very disappointing to say the least. The context is all wrong. That and the ticket price raise a serious question. Is the promoter only interested in making money on this show? Where is the value for the punter?

I had hoped that we raised the bar for putting on these kind of shows but paying attention to detail obviously doesn’t matter if you have the right contacts, infrastructure & momentum behind you. This pisses me off way more than Crystal Castles ever could.

christianwise

Threads
i like em saw them support the klaxons and i was very impressed loved the way they where on stage

UnaRocks

Threads
It's €15 or something this time. You guys put them on for what, €10? They are a much bigger act now, with an album under their belt. Yeah, early Tuesday is not ideal at all. I'd much rather a weekend night late to enjoy it to the full.

I have fond memories of the gig you put on though. This will be a very different experience.

Foggy

Threads
Bit harsh slagging off a promoter for putting a band on a Tuesday night. Surely this is determined by the band's own touring schedule? I don't imagine Crystal Castles come cheap either. They're becoming a pretty big act and are represented by a big agency.

rettucs

Supporter
Threads
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
I kind of agree, but I also kind of get pissed off when going to a gig on a monday night, thinking that we're not much more than an afterthought. Invariably said band will have played London or Manchester or whereever at the weekend.

Still, I suppose we should be glad of seeing them at all.

Tubby Tucker

Threads
I saw them in the Roisin back in May and they didn't even play for half an hour which was a bit of a piss take considering that they were doing a headline show for a tenner a pop. If you haven't got enough material to do a decent length show then you should be playing for free or you should only be the support act. In saying that I really like the album even if does dip a bit at the end and most of the best tunes had all been released as singles previously. I don't really see the point of yer wan though. She doesn't even feature on most of their best tunes and she's seriously fucking annoying live. I assume yer man's riding her? I mean why else would you keep her around?

east hastings

Threads
I kind of agree, but I also kind of get pissed off when going to a gig on a monday night, thinking that we're not much more than an afterthought. Invariably said band will have played London or Manchester or whereever at the weekend.

Still, I suppose we should be glad of seeing them at all.
And also think about the fact that around a year or two ago you would've been guaranteed they'd play the UK and not even consider playing Ireland, now you have small bands doing tours of Ireland

UnaRocks

Threads
"I assume yer man's riding her? I mean why else would you keep her around?"

- you are an idiot.

Skrankio-X

Threads
Website
www.myspace.com
CC are deadly. Messed up C64-ish bleepy dementia. Most of their songs just sort strike me straight away - on my wavelength. Their set for Rob Da Bank last year was brilliance. Not for everyone though.

Jesus they do seem to attract the hate. Of course it doesn't help that they're pretty and cool, or rude and tell lies to the press, or played some twenty minute shows, or they're album is full of tunes that have been on the internet for a year. But it's just nice that they exist.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• Freedom
    Time
    Amen Dunes
    Freedom
  • Stranger in the Alps
    Motion Sickness
    Phoebe Bridgers
    Stranger in the Alps

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads