new Crystal Castles album (1 Viewer)

If you're trying to convince me that you're not an idiot even though you explicitly said that the woman's presence in the band could SURELY only be justified by your own manufactured fact that the man in the band was having sex with her, then you have failed.

Only an idiot would say something like that.

If your real problem is with what you've outlined above, why didn't you say "she shouldn't be in the band because she slags people who go to her gigs and I don't like her voice" from the off? Why did you have to be misogynistic about it?

Regarding the Karen O clone comment, I don't think she sounds anything like Karen O. Although, if being a Karen O clone means being a cool, animated woman in an indie band with a nice haircut, then I suppose she is. And in that case, every single boy in a band is a clone of each other by your logic.

I don't think she sounds like Karen O either and I certainly don't think she's cool like her and she certainly doesn't have an ounce of her stage presence. I just think she's completely unoriginal and derivative and I do think that she's trying to emulate her. I'd never heard a song by Crystal Castles before I went to the gig and I'd never even seen a picture of them but the minute she walked out on stage I knew exactly what she was going to sound like before she opened her mouth. The woman's just a walking Cliché. It's like she came off some generic indie front woman assembly line in a You Say Party We Say Yeah Yeah Yeah factory. The problem is that she doesn't have any talent. I just don't see the purpose of her being in the band. Maybe she isn't riding him. Maybe when they started off she had a van so she could transport all their gear to gigs. Maybe she sorts him out with really good weed. Maybe he thought she photographed well and that she might get them on the cover of more hipster magazines. Maybe she was well connected in their local music scene and she managed to sort them out with gigs. Maybe I wasn't being totally fair by putting forward the possibility of her sleeping with yer man as being my only explanation for her being in the band (although I'm not ruling it out). Any of the above explanations are equally valid. But I can't see her being included in the band on the grounds of talent, musical ability, originality or stage presence.

"thats a fairly logistical reply."

that makes no sense.

I meant sad, as in it's sad to think that someone believes "The old "they must be riding" suggestion is a fairly logical explanation."

The underlying tone here is a belief that women are only in bands at the sexual behest of their male bandmates. Whether it is meant or not, such is the subconscious utterance, I think.
*sigh*

wheres the banter cowboy when ye need him

I don't think she sounds like Karen O either and I certainly don't think she's cool like her and she certainly doesn't have an ounce of her stage presence. I just think she's completely unoriginal and derivative and I do think that she's trying to emulate her. I'd never heard a song by Crystal Castles before I went to the gig and I'd never even seen a picture of them but the minute she walked out on stage I knew exactly what she was going to sound like before she opened her mouth. The woman's just a walking Cliché. It's like she came off some generic indie front woman assembly line in a You Say Party We Say Yeah Yeah Yeah factory. The problem is that she doesn't have any talent. I just don't see the purpose of her being in the band. Maybe she isn't riding him. Maybe when they started off she had a van so she could transport all their gear to gigs. Maybe she sorts him out with really good weed. Maybe he thought she photographed well and that she might get them on the cover of more hipster magazines. Maybe she was well connected in their local music scene and she managed to sort them out with gigs. Maybe I wasn't being totally fair by putting forward the possibility of her sleeping with yer man as being my only explanation for her being in the band (although I'm not ruling it out). Any of the above explanations are equally valid. But I can't see her being included in the band on the grounds of talent, musical ability, originality or stage presence.

maybe she minds his kids when hes down the pub watching football

"The old "they must be riding" suggestion is a fairly logical explanation."

dear oh dear, that's sad.

Nonsense. According to all those in the know, he seems to do all the music and she just abuses punters. So, you know, what's going on? Where is my money going? How is the division of labour conducted in this abrasive art troupe/partnership? Who is exploiting who? !ninjaaaa

i thought this might be a serious thread about promoters and what fans can expect from them to provide.

But this is much funnier now

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back