Never a borrower nor a lender be... (2 Viewers)

Never pay someone else's subscription for thumped. That and NEVER lend money to art students. Easily the scroungiest fuckers i've ever come across.

i lent money to my best mate before. he paid it back no problems. he's a great lad.
i once bought tickets to a festival and flights for my girlfriend. she's now my ex-girlfriend. she never paid me them back. or thanked me.
i way prefer my best mate.

i used someone's credit card to book a flight once, and paid them back as soon as i could get to an ATM. there was good will all round. it gives me a lovely warm feeling in my heart not to bilk my friends out of money. i do have a tendency to nick smoke and booze, though.

I lent a friend some money a while ago and she hasn't paid me back, she'd made a bit of a mess and it wasn't that much so i didnt mind, she kept saying she'd pay me back but hasnt got around to it. now she's lost her job, so i figured id leave it as she most likely didnt have it and i dont want to make her feel bad about it, but she's just called me, saying she's booked two trips for herself as she's stressed and needs the break.
i know i sound like a bastard but surely if she's the money to go away, she can pay me back?
she really could do with the break as she's been stressed out for ages.
I dont know weither to just leave it or say something, ive also never asked someone for the money they owe me (well except work), as it seems kinda rude. its pissing me off now, but i'm not too sure what to do.

You've gotta say something.
Nothing worse than a mate taking the piss
with your money.
I'm sure you could do with a break too, but
you wouldn't be doing it with someone
else's money.

i've only ever lent money to friends that i feel comfortable enough to be able to ask for the money back if i ever need to.
if she's you're friend and you say it in a sound logical way there should really be no problem.
yep, i know you're right, just don't want to make things harder for her (but my 750 car bill doesn't give me a whole lot of choice).

Yeah but when you lend someone money to the time when its supposed to be paid back your own circumstances can change dramatically too. I don't think anyone likes asking for money back it's just one of those things you have to do. Most likely if you're friend can't afford it just say well start paying me in back in installments so it won't be a big bill to face

exactly. everyone has shit they need to pay for.

what you did was be a good friend by helping her out when she was in a bad sitch.
you deserve the respect of having your money repaid to you since that was the arrangement.
it's definitely possible to talk about money with friends and not have it be awkward, as long as you don't let things go unsaid to allow it become awkward in the first place.

or just say look I'm sorry to have to ask but I'm really stuck and make them realise that you're in the same situation they were in when you leant them the money. If they are the same level of friend there shouldn't be any hassle about it

or just say look I'm sorry to have to ask but I'm really stuck and make them realise that you're in the same situation they were in when you leant them the money. If they are the same level of friend there shouldn't be any hassle about it

Thats the one Rita.

My friends are always using that line on me and I never get offended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back