Never a borrower nor a lender be... (1 Viewer)

I lent money to my girlfriend once. She then became my ex-girlfriend. I became poorer in the process.

Moral of story: bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks.

what kind of flatscreen telly is it? you'd want to makre sure he gets
sky digital HD and an upscaling dvd player to get the most out of
that kind of purchase

Is borrower A family? I've never had any success collecting debts from my brothers

They're both family unfortunately. It seems to make the situation worse.

I'd a bad experience many years ago with lending money to another family member. He was home from england over the christmas and told me he'd have to go to Newry to get money out of the bank machine. So I lent him money all over christmas and a couple of days before he went back he told me he hadn't a ha'penny. Left me with no rent and no money for my 21st. :(

I'd a bad experience many years ago with lending money to another family member. He was home from england over the christmas and told me he'd have to go to Newry to get money out of the bank machine. So I lent him money all over christmas and a couple of days before he went back he told me he hadn't a ha'penny. Left me with no rent and no money for my 21st. :(

Dude, seriously.
Recuse yourself from all such decisions in the future. Leave it to the wife.

All the guys in my family owe me money. One of my brothers is paying back in monthly installments now. It's going to take him another 2 years to pay me back.

It's difficult to find the balance between being nice and being a sucker. And asking for the money back is difficult.

You're too nice Diddles.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/diddle

Maybe you should change your name to 'diddled'?

Don't be apologetic when you ask him for the money.
Don't be laughing & joking about it.

Tell him that you shouldn't have to ask for your own money back & that you don't like being put in this situation.

I know it easier said than done, especially with family but make sure he knows that you need the money.

If that doesn't work you could make a big deal of it within the family.
If you publicly refuse to be in the same room as him (especially at Chrimbo time!) at least everyone else will know what he's done & someone else might have a word with him.

If that doesn't work you could make a big deal of it within the family.
If you publicly refuse to be in the same room as him (especially at Chrimbo time!) at least everyone else will know what he's done & someone else might have a word with him.
noooooooooooooooooo no no no no! that's a terrible suggestion!

A guy I used to work with was engaged.
His fiancé needed to borrow some cash badly, so he took a loan for her from the bank. Of 30 grand.

Long story short - fiancé became ex, met another guy, quickly had kid, and bought house. Her initial promises to still pay him back despite their breakup were honoured for the first few months, and then faded away. He's now left with €30k to pay back by himself, and it's got him financially crippled.

I keep telling him to get her back on the pay-back wagon, or to seek legal advice, but he wont.

:mad:

Edit: In short I have nothing to add to this thread, but a personal venting.

A guy I used to work with was engaged.
His fiancé needed to borrow some cash badly, so he took a loan for her from the bank. Of 30 grand.

Long story short - fiancé became ex, met another guy, quickly had kid, and bought house. Her initial promises to still pay him back despite their breakup were honoured for the first few months, and then faded away. He's now left with €30k to pay back by himself, and it's got him financially crippled.

I keep telling him to get her back on the pay-back wagon, or to seek legal advice, but he wont.

:mad:

Edit: In short I have nothing to add to this thread, but a personal venting.
you should score her new fella, and break his heart. also, 'borrow' 30 grand off him.
edit: wait a minute, is he mental? THIRTY GRAND??

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back