Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea (1998) (3 Viewers)

Is this the one where he goes on about loving Jess? Or is that the other album..

Ahh its Jess?

Sounds like Jesus ..I had yer man pegged for a christian lol

I don't think I would care to see this outfit play live..but I'll save any big statements till I've given them another proper listen or two

No typo on my part. It's Jesus all right.

This was on my list too. Arguably my favourite album ever. I will also have an essay about this next week sometime.

Just keep in mind that this album is inspired by the Anne Frank story. That might help make more sense of the lyrics.

For now I love that I have an excuse to go listen to this now.

I wore this album out a few years ago. I've kind of moved on with my life now and don't really want to listen to it again. The first half is stronger than the second half. As someone else mentioned his voice starts to grate a little bit by the last few tracks. Holland 1945 is a great song.

Just keep in mind that this album is inspired by the Anne Frank story. That might help make more sense of the lyrics.
Do NOT keep that in mind if you want to enjoy the album FFS

also:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This will be interesting for me because it's one of those albums that everyone raves about and I just never clicked with it; never "got" it, so to speak. I've often wanted to post about it over in the "Bands/albums I never got" threads, so I'm interested to revisit it and see what I make of it.

Giving it a proper listen now. Oh Comely is the first one to register as interesting, but why is he trying to sound like a Lancashire folk singer?

Almost through first listen. I don't think I'll be playing this again. It's so bland compared to the previous entries I can't really think of anything to say about it.

On the plus side..Hints of The Dead Milkmen, a soupcon of Will Oldham, maybe a bit of They Might be Giants? I reckon bands like Mumford and Sons and Little Green Cars listen to this in their tour vans.

Off to google what they looks like..out of curiosity

Halfway through my second listen..I can safely say I will be getting addicted to this album presently...and listening to everything they ever recorded

Its magic

I'm worried I might not like how they look though

Ah I was only joking about their appearance..but they're exactly what I expected, in every way.

I don't hate them. I don't feel anything for them. Compare this record to Slayer or Bowie...it's a whole lot of nothing.

Insert "neutral" pun here.

Its the first time I ever heard bagpipes and theremin living gloriously side by side.

Bland it most certainly is not!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back