Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea (1998) (2 Viewers)

this is what they look like now

Neutral-Milk-Hotel.jpg

bland mentallers

I had to stop. I am most definitely not in the mood for this.

I'll give it another go later maybe.

Anyway back to NMH .

It has to be said..I'm guessing being in possession of a copy of this album could only prove a major boon in the courtship of a certain type of lady...the hot indie type to be exact

Have to agree with @johnnystress in that this album is not in the same league as the previous three albums. It’s an album I listened to a lot in my 20s when I was into this lo fi indie shit. I’m not into this lo fi indie shit any more, really. Listening again it all sounds a bit whiny and unremarkable. The noisier tracks are better. Definitely not a best of all time album. Not even a best in its genre album. Fuck it, I’m just gonna listen to Low again!

Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised by the reaction to this, thought it would automatically be scoring 5's from all of you, but possibly the most polarising LP so far (granted, it's been only yet been discussed for 12 hours)?

I think the production and instrumentation and artwork, and probably songwriting are terrific on this, but the voice *ruins* it for me, finding it very hard to get past. Same nasally ear hurting palaver that puts me off things like the Mountain Goats.

Maybe I'll be convinced by listen #3

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back