NEIL JUNG - ROLL CALL! (1 Viewer)

was anyone killed at this? seriously? I've never seen shambolic organisation like this in my whole short pointless life. I refer specifically to the exit arrangements after the gig. Trying to herd however many thousands of people up that small narrow path, then stopping everyone to let people from a different path move - it beggars belief how they could get this by health and safety. I really want to lodge a complaint somewhere about this. I don't know where to do it though.

And then them 2 ambulances driving through the hordes (and the hordes having nowhere to go).

Fuckin aitken shower of money-grabbin fuckin half-arsed cunts.

oh yeah, great gig besides.

this was great(ish), was hoping for a 2hr version of cortez the killer but that was never gonna happen and yeah the exiting the venue lark was agonizing, think it took us about 40 mins to get out of the place.

thank god for that streaker - really lightened the mood. It looked like it was gonna get nasty at one stage until he had half of Malahide's finest chasing him through the trees!

this was great(ish), was hoping for a 2hr version of cortez the killer but that was never gonna happen

Yeah great gig. The double whammy of Powderfinger and My My Hey Hey was just awesome. I was hoping for an extended Cortez as well (or else Like a Hurricane). Actually, I completely expected him to launch into Like A Hurricane after the Beatles song at the end .. oh well. The crowd weren't exactly screaming for more encores though ....

What was the story with the blue wristbands and the front section? It was half empty up there!

Great show, but the crowd was dead. Has the recession made people more boring at gigs? Some fartknocker gave out to me for clapping. What the fuck?

Frames went down like a stone, but I'm sure they were glad of the cheque, good to se El Hopkins on drums with them again but the presence of Yoko Sestanovich or whatever she's called and her woolen Aran sweater is becoming very grating.

Neil Young was class, it's easy to forget just how good a guitar player he is. 'Old Man' was a highlight, and 'Love and Only Love', 'Mr Soul', 'Words' and 'Oh, Lonesome Me' stood out. 'Ragged Glory' is my numero uno NY album so lovely to hear a bit of it live, even if it was only one song. Lot of people giving out on the way out that he played too many 20 minute guitar jams. What the fuck do you expect?! It's Neil Young and he's got an electric guitar on. I think a lot of fairweather fans were there looking for MTV Unplugged.

NY playing The Beatles was a surprise, I fucking hate The Beatles, but drenched in feedback 'A Day in the Life' kinda sounded good. Still a waste of ten minutes though when you have a back catalogue as good as old NY has.

Shouldn't have had that second bottle of Bucky.

i enjoyed the show too - particularly 'Old Man' and 'Needle' - except some drunken idiot picked a row with my mother in the middle of 'Mr Soul', and my da got all riled up and we'd to hold him back. Not nice.

.... and then the man next to me pissed himself and stood there oblivious to the steam rising up from his urine soaked shoes.

why so many drunken obnoxious middle aged men?

the exit strategy was unreal. and it was indeed a stroke of luck that no one was injured.

NY playing The Beatles was a surprise, I fucking hate The Beatles, but drenched in feedback 'A Day in the Life' kinda sounded good. Still a waste of ten minutes though when you have a back catalogue as good as old NY has.
The FUCKING BEATLES. The noise was fine and all but... why, oh why?

Watching him soundcheck was a treat. Things weren't going so smoothly. He said to the band, 'Music and noise like to party.'

Sound geezer.

Great show, but the crowd was dead. Has the recession made people more boring at gigs? Some fartknocker gave out to me for clapping. What the fuck?

Frames went down like a stone, but I'm sure they were glad of the cheque, good to se El Hopkins on drums with them again but the presence of Yoko Sestanovich or whatever she's called and her woolen Aran sweater is becoming very grating.

Neil Young was class, it's easy to forget just how good a guitar player he is. 'Old Man' was a highlight, and 'Love and Only Love', 'Mr Soul', 'Words' and 'Oh, Lonesome Me' stood out. 'Ragged Glory' is my numero uno NY album so lovely to hear a bit of it live, even if it was only one song. Lot of people giving out on the way out that he played too many 20 minute guitar jams. What the fuck do you expect?! It's Neil Young and he's got an electric guitar on. I think a lot of fairweather fans were there looking for MTV Unplugged.

Shouldn't have had that second bottle of Bucky.

I agree with all of this. I hate the Beatles too. Crap atmosphere except for singing on On The Beach tracks walking out and then singing on the DART home.

what time did he play to?

ten to eleven. I thought the curfew must have been 11, and am wondering if he had more planned for the encore than just 'A Day in the Life', and he changed it cos he seemed to have made shite out of his guitar during it.

The whole setlist seemed uncertain. They were bringing out paintings with the song title painted onto it, but for some they took ages to find them, as if they had to wait and see what song was on, then go find the painting, then bring it out. There was no painting up for the first half of 'Unknown Legend'.

I loved the 26 minute song (can't recall its name), though probably would have preferred 5 shorter songs in its stead.

ten to eleven. I thought the curfew must have been 11, and am wondering if he had more planned for the encore than just 'A Day in the Life', and he changed it cos he seemed to have made shite out of his guitar during it.

The whole setlist seemed uncertain. They were bringing out paintings with the song title painted onto it, but for some they took ages to find them, as if they had to wait and see what song was on, then go find the painting, then bring it out. There was no painting up for the first half of 'Unknown Legend'.

I loved the 26 minute song (can't recall its name), though probably would have preferred 5 shorter songs in its stead.
hmm no thats interesting.. i thought the gigs were sposed to have a very strict 10-30 curfew..

hmm no thats interesting.. i thought the gigs were sposed to have a very strict 10-30 curfew..

I thought that too. Lenny Cohen played til nearly 11 as well. I suppose it depends on how close the nearest houses are. I would have thought in Malahide they're pretty close, and the fact that it was a sunday, it would have had to be over by 10:30 at the latest.

A few slaps on the wrist in the pipeline for aitken perhaps

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back