my bloody valentine 2013 (2 Viewers)

I checked my post this morning, there was one of those notes to say i wasn't there but they have a package for me. I was in the house at the time but didn't hear anything, seen the postman up the road so ran after him. He tells me the package very big so he didn't bother bring it with him.

I checked my post this morning, there was one of those notes to say i wasn't there but they have a package for me. I was in the house at the time but didn't hear anything, seen the postman up the road so ran after him. He tells me the package very big so he didn't bother bring it with him.

What a cock!

Anyway, good set in Barrowlands. Sound was shoddy though, vocals kept disappearing and it surprisingly wasn't that loud. Curtailed the holocaust section of You Made Me Realise and finished with the drum loop one from the new record. Squeezed an awful lot into a two hour set. Played most of the new one, along with most of Loveless and Feed Me With Your Kisses, Thorn, Honey Power, Nothing Much to Lose and my personal highlight of the night Cigarettes in Bed. Certain songs just weren't the same when not ear-splittingly loud though, Soon being a case in point. Not just because you lose a lot of the dynamic but also it highlights certain technical weaknesses. Namely O'Ciosóig's drumming and Shields' singing. Still if they get themselves a decent soundman there'll be some great shows later on down the tour.

they had this in ameoba sf at the weekend. after looking at the price tag ($37) i decided fuck that. then on sunday morning i found a big pile of records on the street, half of which i exchanged for it.

so, it's hard to complain when i got the thing essentially for free.

however i don't see how mr. shields can justify this price tag. single plate in a light-weight gatefold sleeve, with the cd copy thrown in. extortionate.

They're always at that round our way. Fucking annoying.

arrived earlier today.

as someone said earlier in thread, the artwork looks really crappy on the sleeve. considering how long this was in the pipeline you'd expect a better finished package. also, the record has pushed through the top of the cover leaving a 2/3 inch split. the quality of the sleeve seems to be maybe a grade ahead of a cornflake box in quality. after spending so much on an album, you gotta expect more. (naturally its all about how it sounds, won't get a chance to spin it until later. and have read great reports about how LP sounds but even so seems to be a pretty cheap/shoddy production of sleeve)

Freebird in Wicklow street have it in stock
Freebird Records ‏@FreebirdRecords

Still got some MBV vinyl and CD in stock if you feel like adding a bit of noise to your weekend.

I'd love to be going to see them tomorrow. Any word on an Irish date yet????

The tune that Phantom have opted to play on rotation must be the weirdest thing they have on their playlist. It's the poppiest thing on the album but when you hear it nestled into a sequence of Delorentos and Jake Bugg, it's simply glorious. (I've been on two road trips in the last three weeks, y'see, so I hear all the stuff they play.)

In other, related news, my slightly ignorant friend who lives in Strandhill, Sligo, was saying that someone told him a lad playing music in the pub one night was a guy from MBV. I'm presuming Colm. Does he live over there?

In other, quite unrelated news, I saw one of the lads from Those Nervous Animals playing in a pub in the same town on Saturday. I chickened out of annoying him about how much I love some of their songs though.

That's all.

Finally arrived today. Small tears on the top of the sleeve and in the slot where the cd is held. The quality of card used for the sleeve is a joke, 'one grade above cornflake box' pretty much sums it up. Shouldn't have bothered making a gatefold if they wanted to cut corners. Bit of a shame. Record sounds good though.

post man brought it around today, in good condition but as everyone else has said the cd case is a bit shit

Someone from that band Dott posted a pic of their copy on the twit machine earlier, utterly destroyed in the post

BFJm758CYAA32xz.jpg:large

I think MBV are replacing fucked copies though, which is something

Mine arrived this morning without so much as a dinged corner. Looking forward to listening to it on the stereo tonight after weeks of listening to the mp3s.

Mine has arrived undamaged cosmetically, but there is a big dirty jump in the middle of track 3. BRILLIANT.

packaging and (over)price aside, it's quite a good record. i see what people mean about it being the logical progression from the previous stuff.

Mine arrived today in perfect condition.

Was never really too keen on the cover whether it's in high res or how it is on the physical copy.

Anyone else think the colour scheme and font are reminiscent of a HMV shopping bag from a few years ago?

This for instance:
hmv.jpg

Mine arrived. Not a mark on it. Someone posted above that the sleeve quality is a step above a cornflake box. Thats being generous. Having recently looked into how much vinyl reproduction costs I can make a accurate guess as to how much was spent on a the packaging, and €23 + postage sees Kev making out like a bandit.

The record itself sounds very good though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back