my bloody valentine 2013 (2 Viewers)

Good stuff Bernie. Similar set to the one I described? I take it they rectified sound issues? Was it as loud as previous tours because Barrowlands certainly wasn't?

there didn't appear to be any sound issues. the vocals could have been a bit louder i guess. i don't have any reference pointhaving never seen them before but it was pretty loud in parts. it was just a seamless set. the new stuff sounded great live. wonder 2 worked beautifully after the holocaust section which was fucking gnarly.

Mine arrived yesterday. Slight bend in one corner and slightly scuffed along the edge. Nothing that bothers me too much to be honest. Can't believe they didn't even shrinkwrap the things though!

Complained via the website and just received a mail back saying they're sending out a replacement, no mention of them wanting me to send the old copy back.

I'd say it costing them a fortune, I specifically stated that there was no damage to the packaging and it must have happened at the printing press. However the mail was a generic one saying that they are investigating the packing issues and this one will be securely packaged.

depends who the fault lies with, they may be using a third party to fulfil orders. can't quite see kev sitting there all night stuffing envelopes.
sold 40,000 copies supposedly, at 23 euro a pop. production costs are minimal, so they've made a fortune

How much would production be as a matter of interest?

For 180g gatefold.

depends who the fault lies with, they may be using a third party to fulfil orders. can't quite see kev sitting there all night stuffing envelopes.
sold 40,000 copies supposedly, at 23 euro a pop. production costs are minimal, so they've made a fortune
It's undoubtedly a third party:

We're sorry to hear your package was damaged in the post, we're discussing the packaging issues with the fulfilment company.
We've passed your order details on to our distribution team and authorised them to send a replacement for you in extra-secure packaging, your replacement will be sent by the 15th March.

How much would production be as a matter of interest?

For 180g gatefold.

DMS gives a price of £4595 for 2000 (including CD), so thats approx £2.30/unit. Obviouisly the price goes down the more you order so you get the picture. I imagine well under £2 per record.

DMS gives a price of £4595 for 2000 (including CD), so thats approx £2.30/unit. Obviouisly the price goes down the more you order so you get the picture. I imagine well under £2 per record.

FUCK! I didn't think production costs were THAT low.

Factor in distribution fees, web store and packers and they are still making a nice bit of money I bet.

Studio, gear, labour of the band.

Roadies, drivers etc.

Supposedly Shieldser looks to be having more fun on stage these days.
Hopefully his vibes are good and he wants to get back into the studio this year.

probably a rake load of old legal costs for getting out of old international deals. It sounds like they had a nightmare time of it with their American representation.

Could you elaborate on this?

Would Island be able to demand payment or anything since they probably financed a small percentage of what ended up on m b v.

He had to leave the band to get out of the Island contract because essentially he IS the band in regards the records.
He obviously needs to support system of the other members having his back though to get things finished.

The thing regarding the Loveless and Isn't Anything masters was basically Sony being cunty and keeping the tapes hidden so that Shields would have to do the remasters from a different cheaper source. There were also changes in personal in the company that slowed things down a ton. I think it's all mentioned in a Pitchfork interview from around the time the remasters came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back