musikding.de (1 Viewer)

Let me know how you get on, I was gonna buy a completed one but they're expensive son!

Yeah of course I will. If you're thinking of picking up a kit I'd do it soon as they flew out last time and it's not definite they'll be doing another batch after this one.

Hey guys.
Looking for the Woolly Mammoth cartoons and parts list. I've contacted three handfuls of people, they don't want to respond. Can anybody help me out here?

Am I looking for the wrong thing, maybe it's under a different clone name?

Hey guys.
Looking for the Woolly Mammoth cartoons and parts list. I've contacted three handfuls of people, they don't want to respond. Can anybody help me out here?

Am I looking for the wrong thing, maybe it's under a different clone name?

Dude, join the forum at freestompboxes. Layouts, schematics parts lists etc. all there for the Wooly Mammoth and a whole load more

Thanks for the direction guys. I checked out that Gristleizer, pretty BA. Gonna try that one too.

will have to check again cos it's been on the pile for a good while. a 1m reverse log pot and a couple of wierd transistors i think...

Banzaieffects.com should have everything. I'm gonna order a pedal off them soon if you want me to add what you need to the order.

where's the noob section where I can ask all kinds of beginer questions like what do I need (other than off my parts list) to start making pedals?

where's the noob section where I can ask all kinds of beginer questions like what do I need (other than off my parts list) to start making pedals?

http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewforum.php?f=51

Also like Moose said, the beavis site is a great resource too. He lays out some stuff nice and clearly. If you've never built a pedal before though, I'd recommend starting with a kit for something like a boost or simple overdrive.

Check out generalguitargadgets.com for some great affordable kits with pre-drilled enclosures. For starting I'd recommend something like a Way Huge Red Llama Overdrive, Stratoblaster Boost, or else The Jordan Bosstone. Both the Red Llama and Bosstone are on special offer too.

These kits are great to learn with before building your own from scratch

And sorry for not replying to your pm I had a run in with mr z vex recently so was a bit sceptical of someone asking for those layouts/cartoons.

I was lurking on fastfude and seen some guy looking for a mammoth without the hefty price tag so I offered to make him one, next thing yer man turns up giving out.

http://fastfude.org/topic.php?id=39053

Needless to say I was a little apprehensive when someone turned up here looking for layouts off me.

Yeah I can see why you'd be apprehensive alright. Dunno what to make of that dude. He comes up with some cool ideas, charges through the nose for them, and always has fits if someone clones his pedals. While part of me would feel weird about buying a cloned pedal by a small builder (ie not Boss, Digitech etc.) when I see him charging so much for such simple pedals with a fancy paint job, I'm like fuck it, I'd rather go the cloned route. The SHO has fuck all parts and yet still costs a shit load for what it is and does. I just don't see how he can justify charging so much for them. No doubt he'll be posting a reply to this in no time to defend himself :rolleyes:

Yeah I can see why you'd be apprehensive alright. Dunno what to make of that dude. He comes up with some cool ideas, charges through the nose for them, and always has fits if someone clones his pedals. While part of me would feel weird about buying a cloned pedal by a small builder (ie not Boss, Digitech etc.) when I see him charging so much for such simple pedals with a fancy paint job, I'm like fuck it, I'd rather go the cloned route. The SHO has fuck all parts and yet still costs a shit load for what it is and does. I just don't see how he can justify charging so much for them. No doubt he'll be posting a reply to this in no time to defend himself :rolleyes:

From what I can gather a lot his cool ideas were helped along by other diyers, he then kicked off big time when someone posted a schematic of one of his pedals. It's pretty much the saga that caused the split from diystomp.. to freestomp... If you ever have a load of time to kill read the "big cat fight" thread on freestompboxes. He seems to lie through his teeth about where ideas come from and the technology in his pedals, has a habit of contradicting himself too when caught . This is just from what I've read anyway, but maybe it's people making up lots of lies about him to make him look bad... :D

A good comparison is Dave Main from DAM he seems like a totally straight up guy. Really want to buy one his pedals, such perfect building and around half the price of a vex pedal too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back