musikding.de (1 Viewer)

My latest builds. A fuzzy elephant I made for Mark and a 2 in 1 booster for Redtape.

4290523131_508c4222a0.jpg

4291191098_52f5e99390.jpg

4290498949_7a653e01d5.jpg

4290464797_8dddca7b04.jpg

After playing with 2in1 I've decided I'm gonna put a master volume on the SHO I built for myself. It's nice having the full whack of the transistor without the insane levels but I've no need for the two channels. Got some sexy bright 3mm blue/violet leds too, much prefer these to the chunky 5mm ones.
Posted via Mobile Device

So after months of it sitting there half built, I finally finished my Red Llama clone the other night. Holy hell that pedal rules!!! Really nice range from a light crunch all the way to kinda mellow fuzz tones. It can sound a little underwhelming at first but as soon as you start to play around with the volume and drive knobs you realise the range of tones you can get. Very happy with this one. I'd definitely recommend picking one up for a nice cheap and easy build. Really want to build a Red LLama and a Booster into the same pedal now!

Have my board for my Big Muff finished months ago so gonna finish that this weekend. Also half way through my Gristleizer too. Have the board done except for knobs and sockets. Waiting for Maplins to get in some 8-pin IC sockets so I don't have to solder the actual chips. I have my case too but I just really need to get one of those stepped drill bits so I can drill big enough holes!

EDIT: Actually, Moose if I could borrow your drill bit for a couple of days I'd be really really greatful! :)

Hi
Im just trying to build the fuzzface silicone from Musikding. Its my first time and Im fairly clueless. I am not sure what to with the RV1/10k Part/resistor
http://diy.musikding.de/images/stories/facesi/facesiwire.pdf
http://diy.musikding.de/images/stories/facesi/sibomen.pdf
Looking at the diagram Im presuming its fitted a diferrent way to the other resistors and involves the little plastic piece that seems to fit the area. I just have no Idea how to go about putting it on the board.
Any help or tips would be great
Thanks in advance Andy

Hi
Im just trying to build the fuzzface silicone from Musikding. Its my first time and Im fairly clueless. I am not sure what to with the RV1/10k Part/resistor
http://diy.musikding.de/images/stories/facesi/facesiwire.pdf
http://diy.musikding.de/images/stories/facesi/sibomen.pdf
Looking at the diagram Im presuming its fitted a diferrent way to the other resistors and involves the little plastic piece that seems to fit the area. I just have no Idea how to go about putting it on the board.
Any help or tips would be great
Thanks in advance Andy

Did you get this sorted yet? The RV1 is basically the same as one of the knobs. There should be 3 holes in the board for it and it can only fit one way. Just solder it in there. You may need to tweak RV1 with a small screwdriver to bias the circuit right once you have it all built.

It turns out the RV1 part wasnt sent out to me so I just mailed them and he is sending me out the right part. So as soon as it arrives let the fuzz begin.
Thanks for the advice. I might be needing more of it later as the next pedal lined up is the tremelo.

Yeah He's pretty good at getting stuff sent out quickly. Let us know if you need a hand anyway. Gotta order that Tremolo kit too actually!

Yep
shit meant to reply earlier. He sent me out the part I just got it yesterday morning and havent soldered it yet so hopefully ill get it working in the next day or so. Have to sort out a drill too.
Im sure ill have a few questions to ask while assembling the tremelo.
Has anyone got any builds on the go?

Just got parts to build a Fuzz Factory Clone (kit) and parts to build a clone of the Dev Ever Rocket. It'll have a switch that will let me change one of the channels between being a Soda Meiser and GZ. This means the Rocket will also be a Godzilla. Actually that probably won't make any sense to anyone unless they're familiar with her pedals :) Also gonna mod the Fuzz Factory input and output caps for a fatter sound.

Also have parts on the way to build a Dwarfcraft Great Destroyer clone and a D*A*M Meathead clone. Decided to build a Dark version of the Deluxe Meathead.

I'm in a crazy OTT fuzz kinda mood recently

By the way OOOOOOOOTINI, what's the deal with programming the chip for that synth?? Is it already programmed or do you need to be an uber-nerd and program it yourself?

firmware update via midi innit. updating chips firmware via a bootloader is a piece of piss though. really. once you have the programmer (c30 bux from adafruit), you just load the firmware via a single command. if you can use the internet you can do it like.

Niiiiice! Might start saving the pennies for one of them so. Wanna get one of those Where's The Party At Samplers too. Must check to see if he's released Version 2 actually

New kits available on Musikding if anyone's interested

There's a Phaser (based on Phase 90 but with an added depth knob) for €26, a compressor (dyna-comp clone) for €24, and a ZVex SHO clone for €16.50

Nice price for the Phaser! Might get around t picking one up eventually, although tremolo's usually the only modulation effect I would ever use, but I've been listening to loadsa shoegaze stuff lately so been hearing a few nice phasery sounds :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back