musikding.de (1 Viewer)

Here's the Rangemaster all finished. Think it needs a bigger knob but it's a prresent for someone so it'll do. Gonna start on a super hard on on perfboard now. First time using perfboard so should be fun.

3842684317_9acba056ff.jpg
3843469140_d0beacd3f4.jpg

Here's the Rangemaster all finished. Think it needs a bigger knob but it's a prresent for someone so it'll do. Gonna start on a super hard on on perfboard now. First time using perfboard so should be fun.

3842684317_9acba056ff.jpg
3843469140_d0beacd3f4.jpg

Looks great! Almost finished mine. Just need to solder all the leads to the switch and I'm done. Gonna do that later on tonight. Let me know how ya get on with the SHO! Wanna try build one myself. Think it's a bit over the top paying so much for an original when it obviously costs fuck all to make!

My sentiments exactly. Btw the Unibit I bought was definitely worth the 30 quid, makes drilling out enclosures so easy. Give us a shout if you need anything drilled.

My sentiments exactly. Btw the Unibit I bought was definitely worth the 30 quid, makes drilling out enclosures so easy. Give us a shout if you need anything drilled.

Might have to do that actually on my next kit from Musikding! I don't have a bit big enough for the footswitches or DC inputs and my drill can't fit them anyway. Cheers dude!

So finished it a short while ago and had a quick blast. Sounds nice!!!! A little noisy (possibly just a noisy transistor or not biased properly) but well happy with it. Total Sabbath tones when it's cranked fully, even through my little solid state practice amp. A bit too noisy to use on it's own, but lash it before a fuzz and you don't notice it as much. I'll post pics and obligatory guts shot tomorrow.

EDIT: Alsoooo, I walked downstairs after posting here earlier only to notice my kits had arrived from GGG! Wasn't expecting them for another week! Nice one Mr. Guitar Gadgets :)

I had a wee look on the site there, anyone know what the deal is with those madamp kits? They look cool, and the similarity of the word 'madamp' to the word 'matamp' really aroused my curiosity. Though I'm sure I'm jumping the gun a bit there...

I had a wee look on the site there, anyone know what the deal is with those madamp kits? They look cool, and the similarity of the word 'madamp' to the word 'matamp' really aroused my curiosity. Though I'm sure I'm jumping the gun a bit there...

Yeah i was the same, but don't think they're quite the same though unfortunately. I'd recommend starting with the treble booster or something first though ;) pure Sabbath toanzzzzzz

Sabbath tones from a treble booster?

Damn right!! That's what Iommi used to use back in the day to drive his amps. Fuzzes and stuff like that didn't get used until later on. Listen to most of the guitar sounds on the first few albums, up as far a Sabotage. They're not actually that bassy.

blacksabbath_toni_1971.gif

Obviously the amps he used played a big part in the overall sound, but the sound of a treble booster into an amp is far closer than any fuzz, od, or distortion I've heard.

I would've thought the amps made all the difference there with the booster just pushing them a bit harder rather than doing much tone shaping. I must experiment with my sg into my Laney later. Incidentally I nearly bought a Laney Klipp last week which is that classic Sabbath fuzz tone. Hopefully some day I'll get one.

I would've thought the amps made all the difference there with the booster just pushing them a bit harder rather than doing much tone shaping. I must experiment with my sg into my Laney later. Incidentally I nearly bought a Laney Klipp last week which is that classic Sabbath fuzz tone. Hopefully some day I'll get one.

Yeah they're supposed to sound great! I can only dream.....

I see they have a pt-80 too for a bit cheaper than the ggg one. ALthough I'm thinking of just buyinga memory boy now instead of building a delay.

Built that Super Hard On or as I've christened it "the throbbing antler" sounds sweet,prefer it to the rangemaster. My perfboard work could be a bit neater though.

I see they have a pt-80 too for a bit cheaper than the ggg one. ALthough I'm thinking of just buyinga memory boy now instead of building a delay.

Built that Super Hard On or as I've christened it "the throbbing antler" sounds sweet,prefer it to the rangemaster. My perfboard work could be a bit neater though.

Must build a SHO so :) What does it do to the tone that makes you prefer it? Tempted to pick up the reverb but yeah I think I'd definately pick up a memory boy instead of building a delay for that price

Also is there a stripboard layout for the SHO anywhere?

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w271/moosetwentythree/?action=view&current=ZVEXSHOLAYOUTS.gif

If you're around town today or tomorrow I could give you mine for a play if ya want?

Can't get photobucket in work, but I'll check it out tonight! Thanks for the offer but I'm busy today. About to shell out on the Stratobooster, GGG Big Muff, and Way Huge Red Llama kits on GGG :)

Pedal kits should come with government health warnings! So addictive and I've only finished one so far. Still waiting for my transistor sockets to come.

Which muff variant are you building? The ggg-tuned one is really good, well recommended. Gonna mod it for a flat and boosted mids switch when I get my one back.

Think I'm gonna get that box of rock clone kit of that uk electronics site next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back