musikding.de (1 Viewer)

Lefty Frizzell

Anyone use this site?

I ordered a few kits off them and a friend of mine put a pedal together for me. Sounds awesome. It uses the schematic for the orignal tube screamer but the resulting pedal more versatile. The tone and gain have more range basically.

The tube screamer kit was 25 quid.

If you've a steady hand and the patience its well worth it.

1618_0.jpg

I've a fairly big order in progress with them at the moment. Waiting about two weeks now, starting to get impatient.

Anyone use this site?

I ordered a few kits off them and a friend of mine put a pedal together for me. Sounds awesome. It uses the schematic for the orignal tube screamer but the resulting pedal more versatile. The tone and gain have more range basically.

The tube screamer kit was 25 quid.

If you've a steady hand and the patience its well worth it.

1618_0.jpg

I was checking those dudes out a few weeks ago. cheap as chips..

It took me almost 2 weeks to get my order. Cool your jets Moosey.

Cool should be here soon so. Got one of the tube screamers glad it has more gain, gonna try some of the many mods for it too. Did you make the 808 or 9?

Did you get an email to say it had been shipped?

Its a ts808. My mate used different resistors to give more tone and gain though. I'll ask him for specifics.

I live a list of lots of mods but that'd be cool if you could. Only got a mail to say it was in progress, I'm gonna email them now to see what the story is.

Seems they'r waiting on some pots to come in. Should have me stuff next week.

Just finished a TS-808 (with a higher gain resistor swap) and a distortion+ from these guys.They both sound great but I've got a darker dirtier distortion with an extra cap on the plus which I dunno whether to keep, need to play around a bit more I reckon. I switched the input and outputs for better Switchcraft ones as the ones supplied aren't the best at all. Next up is finishing another 808 then a rangemaster and a silicon fuzz face.

If anyone wants any of this stuff built I'd be happy to build it for them, same goes for any of the other diy kits. I've done six now and they've all worked first time out.

Anyone who has a ts 9 and can solder I'd recommend the 808 mod, it's really, really easy, as is getting more gain out of it.

Here's a pic of a ggg(general guitar gadgets) tuned muff I built for someone:

3706171031_82a3a769f6.jpg

ordered th etreble boost pedal over the weekend. If all goes well I'll be ordering the screamer in a few eeks. Does the kit come with the parts & info for the mod??

Not really I'll send ya a few links later with loads of mod ideas and explain what I did if you want. Must make up a treble booster tonight been sitting on my desk half finished for ages.

Not really I'll send ya a few links later with loads of mod ideas and explain what I did if you want. Must make up a treble booster tonight been sitting on my desk half finished for ages.

yeah, if you could point me in the right direction it would be sweet, thanks. Gonna be ordering it in a few weeks though so no rush. Looking forward to building the treble booster now :)

Arrived home today to find my kit waiting for me. Damn their fast! Can't wait to try get it together over the weekend now :)

Did you finish that treble booster in the end? Did you use a small box for it? Would love a pic of the innards if you did. got the small box and trying too work out the best way to fit everything into it

Did you finish that treble booster in the end? Did you use a small box for it? Would love a pic of the innards if you did. got the small box and trying too work out the best way to fit everything into it

Not yet actually but I built a card board knock up of the case to see how it all fits. I'd suggest centring the two jack sockets on the sides and centre the dc input on the top. The stomp switch should be close enough to the front/bottom of the pedal so it'll hold a battery below it nice and snug but not too tight. Then see where's best for board after, pretty much between the dc and instrument sockets. It'll fit on its side too for super space saving.

I'll hopefully be finished it tomorrow but I'm still waiting on a unibit for drilling the enclosures which was shipped last friday.

Actually drilled it the other day. Only problem is i drilled the footswitch too close to the bottom so can't fit a battery but not too fussed coz i never use em anyway. Everything else fits perfectly. Gonna wire it up this evening. Fingers crossed!

Ordered a tubescreamer and companion fuzz off ggg last night too. Really only went for the ggg tubescreamer because I'm too lazy to drill the musikding enclosure! Would love one of the Octavias with 2 footswitches but think it's a bit beyond my capabilities at this stage. Might need to call on yr services soon Moose ;)

How are yr builds coming along?

They had no green pots a few weeks back. I kinda wanted them for the 808.

probably a bit late lefty, but a wide variety of knob types(and other oddments) available here; shipped with german efficiency!

http://www.banzaieffects.com/Electronic-Parts-c-561.html

Id second any positive comments about general guitar gadgets kits, built three of them so far (modded dist one, insanely modded dist one for a mate, and the EAtremelo). great kits, good bunch of guys to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back