musikding.de (2 Viewers)

Moose: Gonna try the GGG tuned version. Sounds like it'd be more my type of sound anyway. Ordered them pedals the other day so looking forward to getting stuck into them. Might leave my tubescreamer kit for a while though til I get a bit better.

JonnyRaz: let me know how you get on with the Bosstone! Almost got one instead on the Red LLama. Will probably end up getting one once I make my way through my current batch :)

JonnyRaz: let me know how you get on with the Bosstone! Almost got one instead on the Red LLama. Will probably end up getting one once I make my way through my current batch :)

just got box re drilled today, circuit board (incredibly easy build)is tiny so theres plenty of room inside the box to add other crap - probably going to have a silicon/germanium diode select switch, or some kinda lpf/tone control depending on which works best!

Should have it done sometime in the next week!

just got box re drilled today, circuit board (incredibly easy build)is tiny so theres plenty of room inside the box to add other crap - probably going to have a silicon/germanium diode select switch, or some kinda lpf/tone control depending on which works best!

Should have it done sometime in the next week!

Nice! Let me know how it turns out. Still waiting on my transistor sockets. Was really hoping they'd arrive today :( NEED to finish my Shin Ei Fuzz!

So I FINALLY finished my GGG Shin Ei Companion Fuzz. Finished it late last night and had to do some reading up on the transistors they supplied because I wasn't too sure which way to put them in . I opted out of the mid scoop option purely because of space reasons. I hate pedals with knobs on the side and on the top too! Might order another with a larger enclosure and add the scoop knob. I also socketed the transistors coz I was worried I'd fry them if I soldered them. It worked first time and sounds nasty in the best possible way!!!

P9030492.jpg

P9030494.jpg

oops totally forgot to rotate the pics. Ah well :)

Seems a lot more neat inside than my last one. It's a bit harder to solder the pots etc while attached to the enclosure because the ggg cases are quite deep. Dying to get stuck into my next kit!!!

EDIT: also the huge knobs will be going once my musikding order arrives

Nice! Let me know how it turns out. Still waiting on my transistor sockets. Was really hoping they'd arrive today :( NEED to finish my Shin Ei Fuzz!

finsihed final touches today -its a super little fuzz box. its a little noisy. si diodes give a very usable heavy overdrive kind fuzz, while ge diodes give a more splattery kinda job with loads of sustain
incredibly easy build, even with the switching mod I built in. would be a great first build.
havent tried it at high volume yet, but I can see it getting a lot of use!

finsihed final touches today -its a super little fuzz box. its a little noisy. si diodes give a very usable heavy overdrive kind fuzz, while ge diodes give a more splattery kinda job with loads of sustain
incredibly easy build, even with the switching mod I built in. would be a great first build.
havent tried it at high volume yet, but I can see it getting a lot of use!

Cool, must pick up one of them so!

Built my Tubescreamer today. Built it with the "Expensive Boutique" mods. Sounds nice and it's the sort of overdrive I've always liked but never owned so pretty damn happy with it!

Still waiting for stuff to arrive from Musikding and GGG so should have some more stuff to build next week hopefully. Tempted to pick up a Tremulus Lune kit from 4ms after

Cool, must pick up one of them so!

found an interesting 'mod' accidently with the JBT, basically if you dont ground the attack pot to the input jack the circuit self oscillates randomly, especially with ge diodes - the pitch of the oscillation can be altered with the attack knob. if your into noise music stick in a toggle switch between the pot and the input jack!

found an interesting 'mod' accidently with the JBT, basically if you dont ground the attack pot to the input jack the circuit self oscillates randomly, especially with ge diodes - the pitch of the oscillation can be altered with the attack knob. if your into noise music stick in a toggle switch between the pot and the input jack!

Thanks for the tip!!!

Built the Strato-Blaster boost today after dinner. A quick and easy build. Definitely not a clean boost anyway. Adds a nice bit of fatness to the sound, even at low levels. Sounds nicer at the end of a chain I found. Recommended! Now on to the Red Llama.....

Here's my Wooly Mammoth clone on perfboard from scratch. I've also done a fuzz factory, sho, super duper 2in1, DAM Meathead and bass effects blender with high and low pass filters on it over the last few weeks.

I'm making these and a few others like the tube screamer, DAM Sonic Titan and Electronix Submarine bass preamp to order now too. Gonna start a blog with pics and prices and that over Christmas.

4195185614_e220763764.jpg

4195201668_b27f17d13f.jpg

Haha yeah for sure, it would certainly beat the hell out of what I've got now. I don't want to be one of these guys that hugely overprices their so called boutique pedals though.

4195296552_a4a52b82eb.jpg

There's a new Fuzz Factory kit on the Musikding site for those interested. Cheap as chips too!

Looking forward to checking out the new blog etc Moose

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back