mortgage stuff (1 Viewer)

snap-apple said:
Gazundered. Sorry to hear that man.

edit: actually just looked up what gazundering means - and that ain't it. something to do with the buyer lowering their offer at the last minute forcing the seller to sell at a lower price if they want to get the deal done quickly.

you mean gazumping?

"Gazumping is when a seller accepts an offer from one interested party, only to accept a higher offer later on from someone else. Incredibly annoying when it happens to you, it can throw your finances, your timing and your mood, leaving you right back where you started all those months ago."

tight.jpg

lady lucan said:
make sure that probate has been granted if youre buying a house which used to belong to an auld one who's snuffed it.

!bog

Same thing happened to me. Sale agreed in April, got house in October cos of probate delays. Ferusterating.
The only good thing was that the prices had gone up further in the intervening time.

hullo, my name is minka and i want to buy a house. god help me.

mr. minka and i thank you all for the useful info thus far.

snap-apple said:
best o luck minka!

thankyou! we have already looked at some houses, and have had the bank make vaguely approving noises at us (full mortgage approval pending them processing some forms and reassuring themselves that we're not secretly bankrupt), but there's a lot ahead of us.

*quakes*

we have already seen a house with no toilet. and one with a window in the hot press. like, a window to the outside.

minka said:
thankyou! we have already looked at some houses, and have had the bank make vaguely approving noises at us (full mortgage approval pending them processing some forms and reassuring themselves that we're not secretly bankrupt), but there's a lot ahead of us.

*quakes*

we have already seen a house with no toilet. and one with a window in the hot press. like, a window to the outside.
jayses woman, all growed up?
it used to be about the music man.

now, when are you gonna give us a day out, eh?

old said:
Same thing happened to me. Sale agreed in April, got house in October cos of probate delays. Ferusterating.
The only good thing was that the prices had gone up further in the intervening time.

hey well done on getting the house last month..

luckily for me probate issued last month and i should be completing in the 'next few days'...

the house ive 'bought' has gone up in value but that in itself was a scare - now that they had probate issued my solicitors reckoned that the vendors were going to pull out of the sale agreed with me becasue they could get more money..
they havent signed their contracts yet ( i have) but im assured the house is deffo mine in the 'next few days'..

for people not yet in the final loan approval/solicitor end of things -->
remember that -
'next few days' means next few weeks
'tomorrow' means a week
'in the next hour or so' means next day or two .|..|

Shay HT said:
Got UNDERbid today cause vendor (getting all estate agent talk!) didn't want to wait two weeks for me to get shit together :(

what shit did you have to get together?
were you really going to be completely sorted in a few weeks?
thats crap you got underbid - sorry for you - did you really like the house/apt?

had been approved for loan, just had to get paper work put thru, no more than 1-2 weeks....they wanted to close that day even though i was offering their asking price, nearly 10K more than what it went for! Really nice house (18 months old) in location i wanted (just outside wicklow town).

Looks like I'll be putting deposit on house that hasn't even started to be built yet!

lady lucan said:
what shit did you have to get together?
were you really going to be completely sorted in a few weeks?
thats crap you got underbid - sorry for you - did you really like the house/apt?

i found a great place. bid made. bid accepted. deposit paid. mortgage approved. a few weeks later, everything about to go through, the seller has a change in circumstances and withdraws the apartment. happy days.

so if anyone has a nice one bed place for sale on the happy end of 200k, just give me a pm. thanks in advance.

gah. have offer in on a house, a bit less than the asking price. there are no other offers. the vendor/estate agent are doing the "well, if you offered a bit more/met us half way, then we could do a deal RIGHT NOW" bit and keep ringing us up mentioning mysterious "other people who might be interested". we are currently attempting to brazen it out and not outbid ourselves, but are having periodic freakouts about the mysterious other people arriving brandishing wads of cash and hoiking the price up.

this is all very difficult. can i stop being a grown-up now?

minka said:
gah. have offer in on a house, a bit less than the asking price. there are no other offers. the vendor/estate agent are doing the "well, if you offered a bit more/met us half way, then we could do a deal RIGHT NOW" bit and keep ringing us up mentioning mysterious "other people who might be interested". we are currently attempting to brazen it out and not outbid ourselves, but are having periodic freakouts about the mysterious other people arriving brandishing wads of cash and hoiking the price up.

Tricky.
Hard to know if the agents of the estate are telling the truth or not.

Brazen it out until they come back with something definite.

minka said:

Nervous times! While I haven't been through the whole buying-a-house process yet, I have been readying myself for it by much reading the mortgage/homebuying section here. The general feeling is that, in your situation you're better off sitting tight. The estate agent will come back to you if you've been outbid, and you can up your bid at that point. But I'm sure that's easier said than done. Best of luck with the whole thing!

minka said:

Hang tough. Any rational seller will give you a chance to outbid another (genuine) bid. You may have to swallow your pride and buy the bluff if you really want the house though. There is no easy way out of it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back