mortgage stuff (1 Viewer)

Clonee is like little Finglas,loads of people who used to live there live in Clonee now.I used to live beside it and delivered in the area.Ongar is right beside it.Its not too bad an area though and the the house prices will most likely continue to rise there as dublin swallows up Meath
Shay HT said:
Starting to look at buying.....

Anyone know what these areas are like.... Clonee, Onger, Clonsilla......
or recommends for other areas that aren't total rip-offs!!

I live near there. It is a dump. In ten years time it will be even worse. Dont bother with ongar or clonsilla as the traffic in the morning is among the worst in the city.All the buses go out through blanch village which is a bottle neck with no bus lane.Clonsilla rd to getting to the motorway can take 45 mins on a wet morning. I've lived there for a year and a half now while saving for a house. I didn't buy there.

Latex lizzie said:
I live near there. It is a dump. In ten years time it will be even worse. Dont bother with ongar or clonsilla as the traffic in the morning is among the worst in the city.All the buses go out through blanch village which is a bottle neck with no bus lane.Clonsilla rd to getting to the motorway can take 45 mins on a wet morning. I've lived there for a year and a half now while saving for a house. I didn't buy there.

Sounds like you suffer from ONGAR pangs.

brianoak said:
Clonee is like little Finglas,loads of people who used to live there live in Clonee now.

Eh, no.

The place you speak of is a number of individual estates which starts with Littlepace (geographically nearest to Clonee, but still Dublin 15), Castaheany, Hunters Run, Bramblefields, Deerhaven, Swallowbrook etc, all the way down to Archers Wood, the newest development, which is practically in Huntstown yet still described often as "Clonee".

Clonee is a village in Meath. The place you speak of is in Dublin 15, not Meath.

More importantly, I don't live in Meath. In case you hadn't noticed I'm very sensitive about this.

Also, it has no higher proportion of ex-Fingos than any other newly developed area.

Latex lizzie said:
I live near there. It is a dump. In ten years time it will be even worse.

Ongar is fine, although it's bleedin HUGE. Up until fairly recently it had no facilities whatsoever, but the village opened up and it's got a Dunnes, a Spar, a chinese takeaway, an offy & most importantly, a Dominos Pizza.

Dont bother with ongar or clonsilla as the traffic in the morning is among the worst in the city.

I get the 70 every day and it gets me to work (Stephens Green) in under an hour, less if I get the express (although lately the road works on O'Connell St are brutal). Every second 70 in the morning skips Blanchardstown shopping centre & village, which helps a lot, & the return trip in the evening is 45 minutes door to door.

All the buses go out through blanch village which is a bottle neck with no bus lane.

Yes it is, but no they don't. There are a number of variations on the 39 - the ordinary one's go round the world & through the village, but in the mornings there's the 39X, the 39A, & 39B which bypass the shopping centre & village and go straight down the N3.

I'm shagged, still living at home at 24. Feels like i'll never afford a mortgage and don't fancy renting (paying someone else's mortgage), does this mean I will be living at home until i'm 37?

If you are living at home now is a great time to save some cash if you can.Banks are now doing 100% mortgage deals(best to get some of the deposit yerself otherwise you could have a thing called negative equity.(not good) I never thought I'd own a house ever. I'm moving into my new gaff in September. Took us nearly two years of hell. Hang in there. It's hard work but when you sign on the line it is a major relief.

i hear ya, no way i'm paying someone else's mortgage!

tripoli said:
I'm shagged, still living at home at 24. Feels like i'll never afford a mortgage and don't fancy renting (paying someone else's mortgage), does this mean I will be living at home until i'm 37?

Shay HT said:
i hear ya, no way i'm paying someone else's mortgage!

Exactly, I just don't think I could do it. Actually i'd live at home till 37 rather than pay someone else's mortgage.

just before i make an appointment to see mr. bank man, am i right in thinking if i get a joint mortgage with one of my parents to buy an appartment i'll have to pay stamp duty, but if i go solo (and they just give me a lump sum) i won't?

thanks,
aron

Stacy said:
just before i make an appointment to see mr. bank man, am i right in thinking if i get a joint mortgage with one of my parents to buy an appartment i'll have to pay stamp duty, but if i go solo (and they just give me a lump sum) i won't?

thanks,
aron

If you go solo you are exempt up to €317,500

Parent as a second party is somewhat of a grey area. I'm not at work this week so I cannot check but

http://www.revenue.ie/wnew/first_time_buyers.htm states

To qualify for the relief the entirety of the purchase monies, including any borrowings, must be provided by the first time buyer. Any person, who provides part of the purchase monies or who is a party to any borrowings relating to such purchase, is also regarded as a buyer of the house and the relief will not be available unless that other person is also a first time buyer.

The basis for this treatment is that, in such circumstances, the house is held for the person providing the monies used in the purchase of the house by way of a resulting trust presumed in favour of that person. This treatment applies whether or not all the parties providing the purchase monies, or all the parties to any borrowings, are actually named in the deed of transfer. Notwithstanding this treatment, to take account of particular situations, Revenue is prepared to accept that a child, who is a first time buyer, will not be precluded from claiming first time buyer relief where a parent acts as a co-mortgagor in the following circumstances:

• The transfer of the house is taken in the name of the child.
  • It is the intention of both the child and the parent that the parent is not to take a beneficial interest in the house.
  • The parent has been joined into the mortgage solely at the request of the lending institution for the purpose of providing additional security for the monies being advanced for the purchase.
  • It is not intended that the parent will be contributing to the repayment of the mortgage in the normal course.
Where the four conditions set out above are satisfied, Revenue will treat the parent as effectively acting in the role of guarantor for the loan.

egg_ said:
This is a (mostly) Dublin thing that irritates the hell out of me. Stand on your own two feet, fucker, and stop exploiting your parents

It's a mostly Dublin thing cos Dublin rent costs and house prices make it impossible to pay rent and save for a gaff. IMPOSSIBLE!!

People who live with their parents are uncool to the max though. Look at me, I'm renting an expensive cave and saving to buy a lego house and I put the 'oo' in cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back