Modified/Personalised (3 Viewers)

Like weak and thin or lots of upper mid grind? Guess best to build it as is and if it doesn't sound up to scratch get a better pickup and you'll always have the original to pop back in whenever you feel like it.

i think it was on thin side, but really, this is 10 years ago. possibly a lot of the jape stuff uses one of those, live at least, but it might be modded.

i'm actually going to leave it as is. I did contact the luthier here and ask him about painting it and he recommended leaving it as is so it will 'tell its story' so to speak, so just going to fine sand it a little near when the weather is better.

My fender Jag, awaiting a turtleshell pick guard , some shielding paint, and a mastery bridge

8472094668_8b8320ec64_b.jpg

all the parts fitted. it hasn't been played or strung for about a decade so i'm leaving the strings on for a month or two before i set it up. it does play though. wont be plugged in for a few days yet.

finally sorted my '86 Squier silver series Jap strat.it had been modded by one of the better know guitar techs in Dublin
(who royally fucked it up on me) but today I ripped it asunder and got to work
it's got a Fernandes sustainer fitted and sounds savage!
the white knobs and switch top where all I had in the parts bin but it will do for now

8483197668_1da8d27fa8_b.jpg

finally sorted my '86 Squier silver series Jap strat.it had been modded by one of the better know guitar techs in Dublin
(who royally fucked it up on me) but today I ripped it asunder and got to work
it's got a Fernandes sustainer fitted and sounds savage!
the white knobs and switch top where all I had in the parts bin but it will do for now

8483197668_1da8d27fa8_b.jpg

Bit too close to that radiator for my liking.

I'm hoping to do some upgrading work on what i believe is a Fender Squire II. Interestingly enough when i went to get the serial for it do get the right parts and shit i cant seem to find it? Its on on the back of the head or anywhere that i can see on the body. Anyone know where else it could possibly be? I'm starting to think this is not a Squire II at all, i can post pix if needed.

BDfyIX_CYAAcZnH.jpg

waiting on chrome screws for the scratchplate, also, all my guitar cleaners/polishes are in the wrong county so its still a bit mank. real fun to play though i keep mis-fretting if dont watch the board with the slightly shorter scale.

expect to do a second finish and setup on it in a month or two along with a volume knob.

I'm hoping to do some upgrading work on what i believe is a Fender Squire II. Interestingly enough when i went to get the serial for it do get the right parts and shit i cant seem to find it? Its on on the back of the head or anywhere that i can see on the body. Anyone know where else it could possibly be? I'm starting to think this is not a Squire II at all, i can post pix if needed.

if you cant get a serial number - sometimes the base of the neck where it fits into the body will have a date/number on it - might be of use.

if you cant get a serial number - sometimes the base of the neck where it fits into the body will have a date/number on it - might be of use.

Hmm yeah nothing there either. It's a lovely guitar so i will be continuing with fixing her up but i did get a Mexican Fender Strat bridge and its actually slightly larger then the existing bridge. Is this common with strats having different bridge sizes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back