Modified/Personalised (4 Viewers)

it used to be one of these:

_c27802_image_0.jpg

now its one of these:

4380535560_60caaaf027_b.jpg

4380531592_ff5aaf7ddd_b.jpg

i never liked this amp honestly, bought in a fix in galway about ten years ago and its been pretty much a dust collection experiment ever since. Been planning to get one of those little valve heads that are doing the rounds, so rather then sell the beast, i thought this might be a better fate for it.
its crying out for a kettle plug input and a speaker out on the back panel.

I've modded my Laney combo into a head. Here's a pic although it still needs a fancy veneer front panel to cover the whole front and a handle for the top. Just looking at Ann Post's there, suppose I should put the reverb tank in there too....

34271_403150771740_617881740_4964639_4053318_n.jpg

Been using the cab part with my Thomann GA5 the last while so might put the head inside the Laney cab at some point to keep it all compact and neat.

I put a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails in the bridge of my Tele, took the rhythm circuit out of my Jazzmaster, got rid of the pots and middle pickup and put a kill switch in my Squier Strat, and I've got a Squier '51 awaiting a project. I'd like to put kill switches in my Tele and '51, and refinish the '51. My Jazzmaster needs some new pickups, a new toggle switch and a new vibrato unit too. The annoying thing is my JM was always my favourite guitar to play until I broke the vibrato and the attraction kind of went.

finally finished (3 years later) modding a mid 90's squier....

HSS pickup configuration (mightymite pickups (cheap but deadly))
Master tone control with 500k pot for more hi end cut (i fucking hate the stock tone system on strats - sorry mr fender)
hi-end boost/cut switch- either takes some highest end back out of the ground into the output, or the reverse - havent quite figured out what ive done just yet, but it has an audible/good effect - particularly on the bridge humbucker. might stick another 22uF cap on in parallel at some point for the craic, just to confim what exactly im doing.
new jack/scratch plate/neck plate/back plate - stove top knobs instead of stock.
cheesy head black face/rockabilly sticker paint job - to be redone when I have access to a garden shed/nitromores/a sander.

I'll stick a pic up later on - but heres a before pic - guitar on far left...
l.jpg

i'd have just reboxed the guts - looks cool tho...

the board in that one hangs off the pots on lugs, if it had just been wired normally i'd probably have gone that road but it would mean that the new enclosure would either need to be really well drilled to line up the pots and the light or i'd have to do a lot of jumpers and board work which i'm not all that good at. angle grinders i understand. the cutoff on its own is big enough to be a pedal easily.

my latest crimes against guitars. if your a tiesco fan, look away. bought this maybe 10 years ago in a thrift. its a tiesco del rey et 200 so far as i can tell. i didnt like the body size (tiescos are just over an inch thick) which makes them neck heavy and unnervinly light. i hacked up some piece of furniture that was about 6mm deep to add a layer of thickness onto it, then cut a new scratchboard (original was smashed) from my old dell computer. so yes, its now a tiesco dell-rey et 200. once pickup is still missing but it should be up and running by tomorrow evening, on one pickup.

PICT1874.JPG

mine is nothing like good quality at all. its made of plywood. it stays in tune untill you play it. i do like it though, i sorta would like a spectrum 5 for the weirdness of it.

didnt know where else to post this:
Hi and Welcome,

Well, Where to begin with this sorry tale, As you can see this once beautiful guitar is now in ruins, the result of upsetting/dumping an Essex girl with serious head problems!! and not taking your spare flat key off of her before said dumping,this is not all that she trashed, This belonged to a friend of mine who has now gone abroad ( for safety I should think), it is as said for spares repair only so please have a good look at the photo's because what you see is what you will recieve, I don't know anything about these guitars but if you have any questions I will do my best to answer, I think it dates to the early 80s but i could be wrong.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_500wt_1156

ok - harley benton ga15 bought 2 years ago from a crazy italian for 70e -

noisy, fairly dull sounding amp stock - as per this video (not mine)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

after significant mods including gain knob, master volume knob, new jensen cq10 speaker, bias/voicing switch and tweed princeton style tone control (which is bypassable). retained the line out and headphones, but made the amp all tube (bypassed the solidstate buffers)

_MG_4361.jpg

_MG_4362.jpg

audio is tele middle position - tone control first, then the same two phrases played at fender and marshall bias/voicing at clean, modearate and stupidly high gain. all volume controlled on amp using master vol...

[sc]<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="http://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F46355065&show_artwork=true"></iframe>[/sc]

had a head cold so didnt realise guitar was slightly out of tune ahead of recording. the voicing changes are more audible with humbuckers, particularly as the speaker and tone stack are 'fendery'

PICT2089.JPG

modified "burswood" mini guitar. removed and bypassed the 3w amplifier and restrung it to play EADGBE instead of ADGCEA by changing the octaves/strings around. added a pile of eyes, dumped an old pickup cover on it and a chrome volume knob i found in box.

Sounds a bit 12 string/mandolin with the switched octaves.i.e E is a higher than octave than A, D is higher than G etc etc.

edit: moose figured out all the wiring stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back