Modified/Personalised (2 Viewers)

finished off the little cab i made for the vht. its a butchered bass amp essentially, slowly rehousing all my amps and heads because it makes more sense.

601770260.jpg

601769905.jpg

Changed the bridge on my Gordon Smith G-60 (the Les Paul type one) to a wraparound. Got to play it last night loud,it's never sounded better.

so I recently got one of these in the junk shop on the quays dirt cheap

1967+Flying+V+(Ebony+%26+White).jpg

and me;being the gobshite that I am,plan to do this to it...

(artist impression courtesy of photoshop elements 3!)

7782906912_864416599e_b.jpg
[/url] flying v by mechanicalapple, on Flickr[/IMG]

I'll be using a TV Jones Filtatron plus that I have knocking around and I'll be adding the Vibramate V kit,so to offset the stupid amount of money this will cost on an €80 quid guitar I'll be abandoning a neck pickup altogether (sure if it's good enough for Malcolm young it's good enough for me)

the only question is now who do I get to make my scratchplate, I've used WD and terrapin guitars before so I might go for them again...

I think this will tick the "ridiculous heavy guitar" box that's been sorely missing in my little collection...

i've been building a little cab all day. reclaimed wood and reclaimed speakers from various sources.

all the speakers are 8ohm and i was hoping to use a series/parallell configuration to keep it 8 ohm, but there are five speakers so its ended up reading 4.4 at the minute. should i just use it as is with 4 ohms?

4.4 Ohms DC resistance is close enough to 4 Ohms AC impedance so yeah that'd make sense. No doubt it'll sound shite/unique with a big mixmatch of speakers but sure that's probably what you're after.

No doubt it'll sound shite/unique with a big mixmatch of speakers but sure that's probably what you're after.

Playing guitar through suspect speakers si a fabulous way to get uber sweet fuzz goin..I used to play mine through a panasonic 2in one years ago when I was recording instrumental music.Fuzzy goodness.

4.4 Ohms DC resistance is close enough to 4 Ohms AC impedance so yeah that'd make sense. No doubt it'll sound shite/unique with a big mixmatch of speakers but sure that's probably what you're after.

Playing guitar through suspect speakers si a fabulous way to get uber sweet fuzz goin..I used to play mine through a panasonic 2in one years ago when I was recording instrumental music.Fuzzy goodness.

yeah its that awful cab i've been meaning to build for three years.

A0RTLoPCAAAfQBq.jpg

have enough speakers to make a straight up 4 x 2 cab as well. this is the 'learning from mistakes' one.

Aww..I thought you had that running as a ghettoblaster..whats the story..wasnt up to the job?

I'd say it sounds gnarly coupled with the VHT head.I absolutely ADORE my VHT combo.Took a good while to break in mind you..but I tell yeah..its so so nice sounding once the cone broke in and the valves likewise.

Aww..I thought you had that running as a ghettoblaster..whats the story..wasnt up to the job?

i made one that looked nearly the same with a built in stereo pc speakers type amp a few years ago. it was my main stereo for about 2 years till i could afford real speakers. it got donated to my mate when he moved house last year and had no music to hear, it was green, maybe you mean that one? the one above i just built today to fit under the vht - the corners arent routed in that pic so it looks like its wider than the amp because the knuckles are just sort of sitting on for a test fit in that pic. i dont know why or how i always end up with 5 speakers for these things.

just after trying it out, it sounds very, very surfy no matter what setting the vht or guitar is at (using a hollow body with humbuckers). immediately was playing misirilou type stuff. will make a fun practice cab anyways.

I'm just jealous you got to it before me. I do like the ridiculousness of a Bigsby on one too.

I'm definitely going for ridiculous with it,I figure folks will love the "fat bloke playing flashy guitar" aesthetic of it
Matt Berry.

Could you get this kind of Bigsby instead?

EA1414cang.jpg

for a second I thought "there's no fucking way that is really Matt Berry" but then I remembered seeing him I tripod and the lad was ripping it up on a Korg MS10 synth,so the bloke is obviously into it

I could go for that bigsby but I'd probably make a balls of putting it on,this makes it easy

http://www.vibramate.com/vibramate-v7v-install.php

and i kind like the look of it too

Vibramate-V7-v-600.jpg

Yeah he's done a few albums. some of it really good psych stuff too. Didn't realise the vibramate meant you had to go with that longer Bigsby, all makes sense now. It's gonna be cool either way.

That pic is our guitarists V so just sent him the picture..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back