Minor complaints thread (25 Viewers)

Nice. My lot won't let us book Business class, but I got "Economy Plus" which means legroom and adjustable seats so I can sleep.
Best I ever got for work was premium economy. Makes a big difference when you’re going to be in the same seat for 14+ hours each way a few days apart. Appreciated the extra leg room, that’s for sure.

Best I ever got for work was premium economy. Makes a big difference when you’re going to be in the same seat for 14+ hours each way a few days apart. Appreciated the extra leg room, that’s for sure.
That's it/ I think Economy Plus is the same as Premium Economy.

i think in our place, if the flight is over either 4 or 6 hours, it's automatic that you get business class.
I'm getting flown back to the US now for some work.
Because of covid they want to have the option to cancel in case it all goes apeshit in the US again. But the refundable flights are way more expensive than just buying a normal flight and throwing it away if you don't need it. Like 3 times the price.

It's weird. To potentially save money, they are guaranteeing they will lose more than they could possibly save.

I've done it a couple of times. They serve you tea and you're already landing by the time you've drunk it

This is the view on a good day

I flew to Derry once on Aer Arann and I got a newspaper with my cup of tea. It was way better than the bus, even with the airport.

I'm getting flown back to the US now for some work.
Because of covid they want to have the option to cancel in case it all goes apeshit in the US again. But the refundable flights are way more expensive than just buying a normal flight and throwing it away if you don't need it. Like 3 times the price.

It's weird. To potentially save money, they are guaranteeing they will lose more than they could possibly save.

It was my understanding that big organisations, especially American ones, just have some kind of contract with a particular airline, or a Star Alliance member, or whatever.
It probably works for them.

Just got called for Jury duty. In the US.

OK.
Reply to them with this

hqdefault.jpg

I flew to Derry once on Aer Arann and I got a newspaper with my cup of tea. It was way better than the bus, even with the airport.
went to a stag in Clonakilty once. Part of the gimmick of the stag was that lads would fly to Cork and get a van the rest of the way. I was leaving early so drove down. My housemate was flying and we left the gaff at the exact same time. I got to Clonakilty 10 minutes before him.

My lot won't let us book Business class, but I got "Economy Plus" which means legroom and adjustable seats so I can sleep.
I flew business class only once, back when I was a clueless junior dev working for Ericsson in the 90s, jetting over to Sweden drinking champagne on the airplane. Now that I know what I'm doing it's economy all the way

Last edited:
I flew business class only once, back when I was a clueless junior dev working for Ericsson in the 90s, jetting over to Sweden drinking champagne on the airplane. Know that I know what I'm doing it's economy all the way
I used to go to the US a lot in the late 90s/early 2000s for work and built up a lot of airmiles with Continental (I always insisted on flying to the west coast through new york so I could get out and stretch my legs). For the second leg from new york to san fran or san jose they'd nearly always give me the free upgrade to business class. I was never much minded to order their three course meal or drink their champagne but I did enjoy the bigger, comfier seats and best of all they had a plug socket so I could plug in the laptop and watch DVDs.

I got an upgrade to business class once ever on a flight to Chicago. I barely made it to the plane on time, they had given my seat to someone else and had to put me in business class. The air hostess gave out to me in the aisle for being late (I was actually only last minute, not late) and they treated me like a naughty child for the entire flight. I didn't care I was living it up and enjoying all the benefits (loads of drinks and real fancy knives and forks and actual glasses in those days).

I’ve over 100 numbers blocked now because of those stupid phone scam calls and now the bastards have started using my number.
I’m getting a few calls every week now from genuine people (weirdly enough it’s been all men) returning a missed call. They’re generally ok about it but a few have been really angry about the whole thing. Phone company can’t do anything about it and I’ve had the number over 20 years.
It’s getting annoying.

I'm with AIB since the 80s when some rep came into the school and opened bank accounts to everyone in my year. Shocking carry on really.
I think about this from time to time
One of the banks came in to Bolton St and gave anyone who would open an account, I think a tenner, or something - i.e. 5 fucking pints
And trying to figure it out we were told cos none of us would change accounts down the road

And we thought they were the saps!

None of my guitars are doing it for me at the moment.

The one I got serviced recently; its main problem was fixed (noise) but it doesn't feel the same in the hands as before and I never had an intonation problem before.
My squire feels banjaxed since I tried to replace the bridge, and it was a song machine for a while there.
Haven't played my SG in ages because it just feels "off". It also feels too full, can't get that fender bite from it.

Annoying.

Plus I'm feeling kinda weak at the moment.

(moan over)

None of my guitars are doing it for me at the moment.

The one I got serviced recently; its main problem was fixed (noise) but it doesn't feel the same in the hands as before and I never had an intonation problem before.
My squire feels banjaxed since I tried to replace the bridge, and it was a song machine for a while there.
Haven't played my SG in ages because it just feels "off". It also feels too full, can't get that fender bite from it.

Annoying.

Plus I'm feeling kinda weak at the moment.

(moan over)
Thats a bad situation.

I went off humbuckers since I sold my Marshall. No need for them when you're playing through a 5 watter and an overdrive pedal. And single coils sound so much better. Might be an age thing.

I bought 8 guitars over the last few years.. I didnt know it at the time but I was just looking for one I loved. I've two now that are spot on. A Squier Classic Vibe 60's and an Aria Pro II 62 alike. Pretty much the same guitar. Thats the guitar I like. 60's strat.

The rest. In the attic.

Speaking of SG's I became mildy obsessed with replacing the one I sold in 2005 to pay my ESB...now that I'm gainfully employed. That was a beautiful guitar. But I think I'm over it now.

Now that I'm a strat man.

I don't like non maple necks..too fragile. I also prefer bolt ons. Modular.

Also,,I hope your energy returns soon

Last edited:
I'm meant to be collecting an old shed in the morning,to reuse as a tool shed and my transport is unavailable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back