Minor complaints thread (18 Viewers)

Hates dancing??? Do you hate all kinds of fun?
I get huge amounts of social anxiety from dancing, it is literally crushing (my wife’s wedding present to me was to not have dancing at the wedding). Generally it is also one of those obligatory “fun” activities “EvERYonE LoVes dAnCiNG” that people force you into despite being very clear that it’s not fun for me so don’t drag me into it.

yeah, i despise that, people literally pulling at you to get up and dance; and you look like an asshole to them. for some people, it'd be like being forced into public speaking.

I get huge amounts of social anxiety from dancing, it is literally crushing (my wife’s wedding present to me was to not have dancing at the wedding). Generally it is also one of those obligatory “fun” activities “EvERYonE LoVes dAnCiNG” that people force you into despite being very clear that it’s not fun for me so don’t drag me into it.

I also hate the dancings

I have willingly danced once in my life (that I am aware of) - the first dance at our wedding party reception thing. It was the least I could do, all things considered. Never again.

If you fundamentally don't understand dancing a lot, even being in a room where people are dancing in a way where they might invite you is worrying.

Like, I'm fine with people dancing, but I'd probably prefer to be in the next room *just in case*.

And if you do succumb to the seering peer pressure hypothetically of an entire Ghanaian family, including ancient parents, who are ALL dancing away happily, and you're basically forced to try to do it, the thing just devolves into Father Ted JUST PLAY THE FUCKING NOTE... NOT THAT FUCKING NOTE... WE HAVE THAT NOTE territory almost instantly.

I've basically had a cough for all of 2022 so far.
Did you have Covid?

I had covid in Jan, and then I had a niggley little cough after. It stuck around for ages, but I was grand. Then out of nowhere it turned into pretty serious pneumonia. But there seems to be something along the lines of covid -> lung damage -> long term shitty other things (not long covid, but tangentially related to the infection you had).

I still have the niggley little cough.

As a man who hates dancing down to his very core, this fortune cookie can go fuck itself.
View attachment 15794

Someone with well tended hands like that should definitely go dancing.

I hate dancing. But when I've done it it's been at times life changing. No one is asking, but the fortune cookie is insisting. Look at it as something you can't fuck up.

Imagine you're just given the controls for a complicated remote control robot. And youre told that you need to make the leg go down, while rocking the hips that way, while putting more of the weight on that leg.

And you know people are looking at you.

And you're spending about 80% of your mental energy trying not to make the robot fall over while standing still. Every aspect is tricky and requires careful thought. That's dancing.

It gets even worse when people physically try to move your leg or something around for you, you're standing there, muscles holding everything in the wrong direction, defeated, thinking I'd love to go for a bike ride now, possibly home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back