Minor complaints thread (21 Viewers)

when I replaced our dishwasher, despite a huge amount of dragging shaking and swearing, I couldn’t get it out and it took me far too long to realise* that it was screwed in place not just at the front but from INSIDE THE FUCKING DISHWASHER.

* ok I asked someone who was fixing our fridge.
good christ i should have paid the 70 quid for install. the inlet hose on the new one is hard plumbed in, so we cannot reuse the existing one. the existing one is attached to the pipe deep in behind the carcass of the press, where a contortionist would have trouble getting to.

good christ i should have paid the 70 quid for install. the inlet hose on the new one is hard plumbed in, so we cannot reuse the existing one. the existing one is attached to the pipe deep in behind the carcass of the press, where a contortionist would have trouble getting to.
I heard you like your inlet hose being hard plumbed

Have damaged my glute (arse) on the treadmill. Seriously painful. Ice on the buttcheek for 20 minutes every 3 hours.
Brian May has said he is in "relentless pain" following a gardening mishap during lockdown. "I managed to rip my Gluteus Maximus to shreds in a moment of over-enthusiastic gardening," the Queen star explained in an Instagram post on Thursday.8 May 2020
I'm in good company

Brian May has said he is in the band "relentless pain" following a gardening mishap during lockdown festival. "I managed to rip my Gluteus Maximus (the name of a new custom guitar) and shredded in a moment of over-enthusiastic fret gardening," the Queen star explained in an Instagram post on Thursday.8 May 2020

That's what I read anyway.

Brian May has said he is in the band "relentless pain" following a gardening mishap during lockdown festival. "I managed to rip my Gluteus Maximus (the name of a new custom guitar) and shredded in a moment of over-enthusiastic fret gardening," the Queen star explained in an Instagram post on Thursday.8 May 2020

That's what I read anyway.
hah!!

Had to check out of a hotel today, only to be told that I'm working tomorrow so I have check back in.

I swore I wouldn't unpack my bags, it's just one more night. But then, I couldn't find my phone charger. Now the room is a mess. And no charger.

I asked at reception if the cleaners found my charger. She looked and said no, but have this one, we have hundreds of these things.

Then that charger didn't work, I don't know why. She was lovely the reception woman. Did all she could for me. Very understanding.

So I ran to the local shop and bought what looked like the right cable. I was wrong.

So I went back to the shop, found what looked like the right charger again.

Shopkeeper says "you want this instead then? it is same as longer one you bought"
"It's the wrong cable, despite what you're telling me, check it. Look at my phone, that's the cable I need"
He checked. I was right.
"Ok but so, it doesn't fit your phone, so do you want this 3 metre cable or 2 metre cable?"

"I want the cable that will charge my phone. Mate."

It's minutes before closing in the only open off licence in this town centre, so he says let me deal with these people and I'll get back to you. No problem.

And it was grand, he found the proper cable in an utterly identical box. And then I went back to the hotel room and told you about it.

Real cacophony of errors i could've done without tonight.

Last edited:
Had to check out of a hotel today, only to be told that I'm working tomorrow so I have check back in.

I swore I wouldn't unpack my bags, it's just one more night. But then, I couldn't find my phone charger. Now the room is a mess. And no charger.

I asked at reception if the cleaners found my charger. She looked and said no, but have this one, we have hundreds of these things.

Then that charger didn't work, I don't know why. She was lovely the reception woman. Did all she could for me. Very understanding.

So I ran to the local shop and bought what looked like the right cable. I was wrong.

So I went back to the shop, found what looked like the right charger again.

Shopkeeper says "you want this instead then? it is same as longer one you bought"
"It's the wrong cable, despite what you're telling me, check it. Look at my phone, that's the cable I need"
He checked. I was right.
"Ok but so, it doesn't fit your phone, so do you want this 3 metre cable or 2 metre cable?"

"I want the cable that will charge my phone. Mate."

It's minutes before closing in the only open off licence in this town centre, so he says let me deal with these people and I'll get back to you. No problem.

And it was grand, he found the proper cable in an utterly identical box. And then I went back to the hotel room and told you about it.

Real cacophony of errors i could've done without tonight.
The night receptionist left a note for the day receptionist, and eventually when the housekeeping staff arrived they found my charger, phoned me and I arranged to pick it up.

That's not a complaint at all, all's well that ends well. It's the sort of thing that gets a hotel an extra star in a review. I mean, it's just a fecking phone charger, but I needed it. My train ticket was on the phone and I was stressing, and they put up with my dopey-headedness with grace and courtesy.

The night receptionist left a note for the day receptionist, and eventually when the housekeeping staff arrived they found my charger, phoned me and I arranged to pick it up.

That's not a complaint at all, all's well that ends well. It's the sort of thing that gets a hotel an extra star in a review. I mean, it's just a fecking phone charger, but I needed it. My train ticket was on the phone and I was stressing, and they put up with my dopey-headedness with grace and courtesy.
These things are great
Amazon product ASIN B07QTJDGJ1

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back