Minor complaints thread (22 Viewers)

Is it a Northern Ireland thing? I remember in my youth that all the businesses in Omagh were only open for half a day on Wednesdays.

Other than the Kremlin and a couple of clubs, Belfast closes at 1am on a Friday and Saturday. Takeaways etc aren't really open late either. Businesses all over the north seem to open more limited hours, including the Sabbath.

things that got added to the 'shit, we need to/probably need to replace that' list this weekend:
4 car tyres
dishwasher
washing machine

with the dishwasher, it might be a case of tipping it on its side and finding where the leak is coming from - but the trays are started to rot in it and the cheapest my wife could find the bottom one online, it was €150.

with the dishwasher, it might be a case of tipping it on its side and finding where the leak is coming from - but the trays are started to rot in it and the cheapest my wife could find the bottom one online, it was €150.

You'd totally get a whole dishwasher on adverts or deals for less than that.

when I replaced our dishwasher, despite a huge amount of dragging shaking and swearing, I couldn’t get it out and it took me far too long to realise* that it was screwed in place not just at the front but from INSIDE THE FUCKING DISHWASHER.

* ok I asked someone who was fixing our fridge.

I know someone who snapped the handle off his oven door trying to remove it, same reason. He got an absolute bargain on adverts relaxing it (so I'm kinda surprised I hadn't thought of that option for ourselves)

Pains in my fingers that I can only assume is arthritis that will eventually cripple me.
Snap. Knuckles on my left hand hurt if I play a lot of ukelele, and my right hand hurts if I play a lot of bass. Did a course of dancing lessons online at lunchtimes while wfh, and now I have sore knees too

Maybe this should be in the 'getting old' thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back